Share My Creation Pixel Knight (Box2d)

hi

i am very happy to release my first Box2d (libgdx) game.
This is by far the best game i did. i am using 100% libgdx so NO android views are used in this game.
i use only libgdx actors and lgstage,..

for the physics i am using box2d. box2d is a very powerful tool if you know how to work with it.
there are a lot tutorials in the net and @Informatix wrapped this lib so good that you almost copy past any c++ or java code.

THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. so please help me test it and find bugs. i have implemented all stuff i wanted before i started this game expect of 1 part that i am working on it. (allow the user to buy swords from a shop with the coins he has selected)

i want to thank a lot to @Informatix, @melonZgz, @wonder, @andymc and anyone else that help me with this game.
it took me 3 weeks to make it and i am really proud of it :):):)

please download the game and tell me what you think:

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.pknight

Have Fun :)

icon2bigS.png

Last edited:

An Schi

Licensed User
Played two levels and the first thing i have to say is: Respect!
Reminds me very much of the time when i started playing games ;)

The downer for me are the controls. But this isn't especialy about your game, but all smartphone games of this kind. I think they have to be played on a gameboy/controler/keyboard/whatever. Something with hardware buttons. I cannot get comfortable with the on-scren controls.

Nontheless i think you did a very! good job and i wish you a lot of success :)

P.s.: played on galaxy s4 with 5.0.1
No bugs found
Game runs smooth
Audio on/off works (someone had problems in the other thread)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Played two levels and the first thing i have to say is: Respect!
Reminds me very much of the time when i started playing games ;)

The downer for me are the controls. But this isn't especialy about your game, but all smartphone games of this kind. I think they have to be played on a gameboy/controler/keyboard/whatever. Something with hardware buttons. I cannot get comfortable with the on-scren controls.

Nontheless i think you did a very! good job and i wish you a lot of success :)

P.s.: played on galaxy s4 with 5.0.1
No bugs found
Game runs smooth
Audio on/off works (someone had problems in the other thread)

thank you very much, i am glad you liked it. working on an update where you can buy sword with different reload time and damage power.

An Schi

Licensed User
Idea for the controls:
For left and right use the phone angle thing (like in the ufo game), then place two buttons under the left and right thump for jumping and shooting.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Idea for the controls:
For left and right use the phone angle thing (like in the ufo game), then place two buttons under the left and right thump for jumping and shooting.

maybe as an option it would be possible but i prefer to keep the buttons.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. so please help me test it and find bugs. i have implemented all stuff i wanted before i started this game expect of 1 part that i am working on it. (allow the user to buy swords from a shop with the coins he has selected)

Just signed up and when I wanted to download the game this popped up :)
1.jpg

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User

An Schi

Licensed User
I didn't have to sign up.
Just wrote pixel knight into play and installed the game

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess he took it out of beta state and published it as final

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all,

i have unpublished my game and published it again few minutes ago.
it is still a BETA but i will soon move it to final.

it should be very soon online so please download and try it.

thanx a lot,

ilan :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Love it! Very nice!

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
At first play, the controls are rather confusing, be cause there is no dedicated jump button, and all other buttons are there for me it feels unnatural , there is a short learning and getting used to curve. I keep pressing arrow button instead of jump, It would feel more natural if there is option for jump button bellow arrow button. But, nothing major . It's maybe me, just sharing my feelings.
And game is super nice, good job. 5 stars from me. :)

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At first play, the controls are rather confusing, be cause there is no dedicated jump button, and all other buttons are there for me it feels unnatural , there is a short learning and getting used to curve. I keep pressing arrow button instead of jump, It would feel more natural if there is option for jump button bellow arrow button. But, nothing major . It's maybe me, just sharing my feelings.
And game is super nice, good job. 5 stars from me. :)

thanx, i could add a small button near to the shoot button, should i?