B4J Question Print data from database

jcesar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Whats is the best option to print data from a database?

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For complex reports - not just simple data dumps from a table, I use Next Reports.
It is an awesome reporting tool for use within B4J and ABMaterial. See ABMaterial for dummies for example of using NR.

What I really like about it is: When I need to provide a new report to a client, I create it on my dev environment and upload the ( small - 3k ) report template to the client's server. I add the reference to this new report using my simple editor (already in the app) and wa la! DONE!

Upvote 0

jcesar

Licensed User
Longtime User
For complex reports - not just simple data dumps from a table, I use Next Reports.
It is an awesome reporting tool for use within B4J and ABMaterial. See ABMaterial for dummies for example of using NR.

What I really like about it is: When I need to provide a new report to a client, I create it on my dev environment and upload the ( small - 3k ) report template to the client's server. I add the reference to this new report using my simple editor (already in the app) and wa la! DONE!

Next Report could be a option.

But how do you print your reports ?

From a B4J app or a browser ?

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
App. The browser is a GUI (of sorts). It is all coded...
Take a screenshot of your browser window and (direct it) print it. One Page...

Perhaps I am missing something with B4XTable (Erels response / solution)? I have not studied it.

My solution with NR provides a default printer (defined in an ini.. since no user interaction is required - output on THIS network printer ).
Your solution may require to beg of user - Which printer do you wish to output to - which may change on each print job...

This, I expect, can be handled with NR, yet I have not yet had to deal with it....

My only suggestion is to: study, learn, test and resolve. You can do it!
Then, let the rest of us know how you did it!

Thanks

Upvote 0