Android Question Problem with DownloadImage Sub

Reminisce

Here is my DownloadImage Sub. I needed to Download images using the same download sub.
Download Image Sub:
Sub DownloadImage(Link As String, iv As ImageView,imageround As Boolean)
    Try
    Dim j As HttpJob
    j.Initialize("", Me)
    j.Download(Link)
    Wait For (j) jobdone(j As HttpJob)
    If j.Success Then
            If imageround Then
            iv.Initialize("")
                Dim bm,bmp As Bitmap
                bmp = j.GetBitmap
                Dim nativeme As JavaObject
                nativeme.InitializeContext
                bm.Initialize3(bmp)
                Dim bordercolor,borderwidth As Int
                bordercolor = Starter.colourpurple
                borderwidth = 0
                Dim finalbmp As Bitmap = nativeme.RunMethod("getRoundBitmap",Array(bm,bordercolor, borderwidth))
                iv.SetBackgroundImage(finalbmp)
            Else If Not(imageround) Then
                iv.Initialize("")
                FillImageToView(j.GetBitmap,iv)
            End If

End If
    j.Release
    Catch
        Log(LastException)
    End Try
End Sub

The Above sub works, but when i try to use this in a loop that populates my customlistview,

Code that populates CLV:
Sub loadlvfeed
Dim parser As JSONParser
parser.Initialize(feedresponse)
feedresponselist= parser.NextArray
feedresponsemap.Initialize

Dim imgmap,m As Map
    Dim pnl As Panel
    Dim imgpostimage As ImageView
    Dim videoplayer As VideoView
    Dim videoplayerlayout As VideoViewRelativeLayout
    Dim pnlvholder As Panel
    imgmap.Initialize
    m.Initialize

For i = 0 To feedresponselist.Size - 1
    feedresponsemap = feedresponselist.Get(i)
    Dim user_profilepicture_thumb As String = feedresponsemap.Get("user_profilepicture_thumb")
    Dim post_content As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_content")
    Dim post_id As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_id")
    Dim post_date As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_date")
    Dim user_verifiedaccount As String = feedresponsemap.Get("user_verifiedaccount")
    Dim user_title As String = feedresponsemap.Get("user_title")
    Dim post_like As Int= feedresponsemap.Get("post_like")
    Dim post_type As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_type")
    Dim post_media_content As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_media_content")
    Dim user_username As String = feedresponsemap.Get("user_username")
    Dim post_user_id As String = feedresponsemap.Get("post_user_id")
    post_date = du.FormatDateTime(DateTime.Now, Bit.Or(du.FORMAT_SHOW_WEEKDAY, du.FORMAT_SHOW_DATE))

If user_verifiedaccount = 1 And user_title <> "" Then
        user_title = user_title
    End If

If user_verifiedaccount = 0  Then
        user_title = "Unverified"
    End If

If user_verifiedaccount = 1 And user_title  = "" Then
        user_title = "Verified"
    End If

If lvmenufeed.thesizer = 0  And  post_type = postype(1) And loadoldpost = False Then
        lvmenufeed.Add(feedpostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,20%y),feedpostpanelheight,Null)
    Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(1) And loadoldpost =False Then
            lvmenufeed.InsertAt(0,feedpostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,20%y),feedpostpanelheight,Null)
            Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(1) And loadoldpost =True Then
            lvmenufeed.InsertAt(lvmenufeed.thesizer,feedpostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,20%y),feedpostpanelheight,Null)

Else        If lvmenufeed.thesizer = 0  And  post_type = postype(2) Then
                lvmenufeed.Add(feedimagepostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,imagepostpanelheight),imagepostpanelheight,Null)
            Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(2) Then
                lvmenufeed.InsertAt(0,feedimagepostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,imagepostpanelheight),imagepostpanelheight,Null)
        Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(2) And loadoldpost =True Then
            lvmenufeed.InsertAt(lvmenufeed.thesizer,feedimagepostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,imagepostpanelheight),imagepostpanelheight,Null)

Else        If lvmenufeed.thesizer = 0  And  post_type = postype(3) Then
            lvmenufeed.Add(feedvideopostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,videopostpanelheight),videopostpanelheight,Null)
        Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(3) Then
            lvmenufeed.InsertAt(0,feedvideopostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,videopostpanelheight),videopostpanelheight,Null)
        Else If lvmenufeed.thesizer <> 0  And  post_type =  postype(3) And loadoldpost =True Then
            lvmenufeed.InsertAt(lvmenufeed.thesizer,feedvideopostpanel(user_profilepicture_thumb,post_media_content,user_title,user_username,post_content,post_user_id,post_date,post_id,post_like,lvmenufeed.AsView.Width,videopostpanelheight),videopostpanelheight,Null)
        End If

If post_type = postype(3) Then
            pnl = lvmenufeed.GetPanel(0)
            pnl.Tag = "videolayout"
            currentlayout = pnl.Tag
            pnlvholder = pnl.GetView(11)
            videoplayer.Initialize("")
            videoplayer= pnlvholder.GetView(0)
            videoplayer.LoadVideo("http",Starter.serverlink&"uservideos/"&videoplayer.Tag)
            'videoplayer.MediaControllerEnabled = False
            'videoplayer.Play
        End If

'If the post Is an image, get the image link from tag And download
            If post_type = postype(2) Then
            pnl = lvmenufeed.GetPanel(0)
            imgpostimage.Initialize("")
            imgpostimage= pnl.GetView(11)
            DownloadImage(Starter.serverlink&"userimages/"&imgpostimage.Tag,imgpostimage,False)
        End If

''/insert the imgprofilepic tag and add to map then download the profile pictures after getting the index and download it..
        '//get the profile picture link and load it             
        Dim pnl2 As Panel
        pnl2 = lvmenufeed.GetPanel(0)
        Dim imgprofpic2 As ImageView = pnl2.GetView(1)

Next

''reset the load more boolean into false
loadoldpost = False

End Sub
no image is downloaded. What is wrong? I followed @Erel's advice not to use the Imagedownloader service again. I want to use this easier sub.

EDIT: even when i bring the highlighted code out of the loop, only the image on the first panel is downloaded...

@Erel this is the code that adds the PANEL.

Last edited:

Reminisce

@Erel, thank you for replying, I have been stuck with this issue for days now.

1. I am still trying to use ExoPlayer, I don't quite understand it well yet.

2. I know how to use "Sleep" and "Wait for". I just don't understand how to incorporate it into my "Download Sub". Please I need any help i can get.

3. The Code is the Second code in the code block posted above, I don't want to repost it again, That should count as spamming.

Upvote 0