Wish Project Notes tab

Peter Meares

Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually like to keep notes and ideas on a project as I work on it. Currently i add a code module and then add notes as comments. IS there a better way I have missed, or could we have a "code module" that is purely a notes tab.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Add any kind of file (Notepad++, Word, Excel, whatever) to the Files Tab; from there, just double-click and open it with your default software installed on your PC.
Its not the same thing... having a in-project note block is sometimes time saving.
I like to keep a note block as comments inside each module/class. This way if i share the class in another project, the class related comments are still there.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its not the same thing... having a in-project note block is sometimes time saving.
I like to keep a note block as comments inside each module/class. This way if i share the class in another project, the class related comments are still there.
One thing are general project notes (and in that way you can have much more, being able to use many types of files, for example a file with project flowcharts), other are notes for each class/module. If it is text only and affects the entire module, why not write them directly at the top of the module? I don't think they would be lost when you used the module/class in another project.

Peter Meares

Licensed User
Longtime User
"#if MyNotes" works nicely is close enough. I wouldn't be bothered to have another editor open. I just like to click on the Notes tab and enter notes with he B4J editor.
Thanks Erel for a great environment.