Wish Project specific additional libraries folder

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this has been wished for before, but with a slightly different reason, it would be useful to have either subfolders within the additional libraries folder, or an option to have a project specific libraries folder in addition to the current additional libraries folder.

I am testing various external libraries the current one I am working on has about 15 jar dependencies, I don't really want to dump them into the additional libraries folder as I will have to search for them to delete them if the project isn't viable. It would be easier with subfolders or an extra location that is also searched.

I am currently planning on changing the additional libraries folder for these projects and duplicating and existing libraries I need, but then if I want to work on a different project or help on the forum with code, I would have to switch back to the standard location before I can do anything.

If the sub folder route was implemented, it would also be easier to manage the large number of libraries I am collecting.

Thanks

Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can potentially use AdditionalJar but that would be 15 AddtionalJar statements.
The jar's would still need to be in the additional libs folder. I don't think I would need to reference them all as they are not called directly from the App, but from the main library jar.

Also, a nice way to implement this would be a List of Library folders, rather than just on AdditionalLibs folder.
Yes, it would.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…