B4J Question PropertySheet control questions

m4.s

Licensed User
1. The recently introduced PropertySheet control is very useful, but supports only a limited number of exposed methods, e.g. .ModeSwitcherVisible = True/False. So is there a way (likely using a native Java method call) to set a property sheet to display either in list or accordion mode? {Currently, it always defaults to the list mode (even when multiple categories have been defined via its meta map).}

2. Can additional field types be added (e.g. sliders, dropdown combobox, etc.)? Or will that possibly be coming in future B4J releases?

3. I see no way to set focus to a specific, or get focus of the current/active, property sheet field. Possible?

4. Since there are no exposed events, how can it be determined when a field value has changed in order to conditionally act on (e.g. save property selections and/or entries to a file, or update something else in UI as a direct result)? I've seen where someone used a timer to simply capture all field values every few seconds, but that seems quite inefficient when dealing with large and/or multiple property sheets.

*And, I've at least encountered a UI problem (bug?) when a property sheet has [meta map] .SetChoices fields -- as their dropdown listbox background color displays as transparent, albeit *only if/when* the property sheet is added to the app's main form (problem does not happen when it's added to a popup/secondary form). I can provide an example re: this if it's not been encountered/reported before.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
1. You can change the mode with this code:
B4X:
Dim jo As JavaObject = Sheet
jo.RunMethod("setMode", Array("CATEGORY"))
2. Not without modifying the library. Note the ChoiceBox is very similar to ComboBox.
3. Not possible.
4. That's true. This is a limitation of the underlying control.

*And, I've at least encountered a UI problem (bug?) when a property sheet has [meta map] .SetChoices fields -- as their dropdown listbox background color displays as transparent, albeit *only if/when* the property sheet is added to the app's main form (problem does not happen when it's added to a popup/secondary form). I can provide an example re: this if it's not been encountered/reported before.
Please upload an example.

m4.s

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Apologies for my delay in replying back to your answers to my original questions posed in this thread here.

Re: #1, worked like a charm. :)

Re: #2-4, OK

But to my cited UI problem re: property sheet dropdown [.Choice] listbox backgrounds displaying as transparent, I JUST determined the culprit in my code: I am applying a CSS file to my main form in order to prevent selection highlighting of any ListView control within any of my form's panes:

udtAppGlobals.frmMain.Stylesheets.Add(File.GetUri(File.DirAssets, "app.css.txt"))
.​

with my app.css.text containing:

.list-view:focused {

-fx-background-color: transparent;
-fx-border-size: 0;

}

.list-cell {

}​

The residual/undesired effect of this, however, is that the CSS is also applying to my property sheet dropdown listboxes (and to any of my ComboBox controls as well).

If/when I comment out the Stylesheets.Add line, my property sheet dropdown listbox (and ComboBox) UI transparency issue goes away. But, then, my unwanted ListView control selection highlighting occurs.

I've tried a number of approaches tonight to resolve this, yet to no avail. So can you please give me some suggestions? e.g. is there a way to disable or block ListView selection altogether (like EventData.Consume for other control mouse-clicking)?

Thanks again, in advance!

m4.s

Licensed User
Thanks Erel - as that worked perfectly; while also giving me the opportunity to refine my CSS:

#ListView .list-cell, .list-view {
}

Note: I set all my application ListView controls' .Id property to same class name (as I want same behavior to apply to each).

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Note: I set all my application ListView controls' .Id property to same class name (as I want same behavior to apply to each).
It is better to use StyleClasses for this.
B4X:
ListView.StyleClasses.Add("MyListViewStyle")
B4X:
.MyListViewStyle .list-cell, .list-view {
}