Android Question RDC FOR MS ACCESS FILE

Ryan Pigeon

Hi. My requirement is access to a mdb file on the local network. Need to read & write data. Must be able to use an android app to do operations.

Can any one help me? I really have tried to do it on my own based on the examples, but I am struggling.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Fanks guys.

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
There appears to be a way to do it described here although I've not tried it.

Note it only proves it can be done - it doesn't go into using it across a network.

Upvote 0

Ryan Pigeon

There appears to be a way to do it described here although I've not tried it.

Note it only proves it can be done - it doesn't go into using it across a network.
Hi John! Yes I saw this one and it was the one that came the closest to what I need. I tried modifying and getting it to work with jRDC but I just couldn't get there with my limited knowledge! But thank you!

Upvote 0

BigBoss123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes it is possible and the way described helps a lot.

I have a B4A program which manages a wine storage warehouse which is managed by phones and tablets using wireless access
to a server running MS Access and runs fine. We are now setting up the vineyards using B4J to access the MS Access database via
internet to review their own stock. If you need help just let me know I'm happy to help.

Cheers

David

Upvote 0

Ryan Pigeon

Yes it is possible and the way described helps a lot.

I have a B4A program which manages a wine storage warehouse which is managed by phones and tablets using wireless access
to a server running MS Access and runs fine. We are now setting up the vineyards using B4J to access the MS Access database via
internet to review their own stock. If you need help just let me know I'm happy to help.

Cheers

David
Thank you very much, David. I will shout if I get stuck if you don't mind. Do you develop in vb?

Upvote 0

BigBoss123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ryan
Do send a message if you need help. It was difficult to get it to work with MS Access but I finally got it going.

Yes I do program in VB as well as C# and showing my age I wrote for IBM in Europe their first PC Based Accounting program in Cobol!!

I was showing it first in Hanover Messe and also in Dubai in 1983.

Cheers

David

Upvote 0

Ryan Pigeon

Ryan
Do send a message if you need help. It was difficult to get it to work with MS Access but I finally got it going.

Yes I do program in VB as well as C# and showing my age I wrote for IBM in Europe their first PC Based Accounting program in Cobol!!

I was showing it first in Hanover Messe and also in Dubai in 1983.

Cheers

David
Hi David! That's awesome - You sound like a seasoned veteran! Would it be ok if you looked at my code? There seems to be a limit on the forum zip file. If it is ok with you, how can I send it? Thank you, David.

Upvote 0

Ryan Pigeon

Morning, David. Can I please ask you to help me with this msaccess file access? I have it working to the point where I can initially read records from the c:/users/public/test.mdb, but when I delete it says deleted but remains on the database! Same when I try modify, add a record.

I would really appreciate it if you could look at what I have done so far. I'll even pay you for it (I mean it!). I have followed all the available examples and nothing works for msaccess - although they claim it does.

So I am 3/4 of the way there just need a little help.

Thank you, David.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just found this link, its worth checking out:

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Managed to have a CRUD example working for direct jSQL connection on jetty, check it here

Perhaps it could help shed some light, as jRDC2 uses jSQL underneath.

All the best.

Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Ryan Pigeon

The only thing you need is the Drive to connect to MS Access.

Follow my tutorial that connects to MS SQL Sever at this link: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-android-to-ms-sql-server-using-jrdc2.114856/

In step 3: look for the UCanAccess Driver here: http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html

In step 7: Write this connection string

B4X:
DriverClass = net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver
JdbcUrl = jdbc: ucanaccess: // D: /TestShare/test.accdb; memory = True
ServerPort = 17178

Follow the other steps and let me know if you have any problems.

Upvote 0

Ryan Pigeon

Hello @Ryan Pigeon

The only thing you need is the Drive to connect to MS Access.

Follow my tutorial that connects to MS SQL Sever at this link: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-android-to-ms-sql-server-using-jrdc2.114856/

In step 3: look for the UCanAccess Driver here: http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html

In step 7: Write this connection string

B4X:
JdbcUrl = jdbc: ucanaccess: // D: /TestShare/test.accdb; memory = True
ServerPort = 17178

Follow the other steps and let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you very much. I will try it out now and let u know. Appreciate

Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just need YELP with the config.propertites file and the password-enabled msaccess file
I think it should be as follows
B4X:
JdbcUrl = jdbc: ucanaccess: //D:/TestShare/test.accdb;user;password; memory = True
ServerPort = 17178

If you don't have a username, leave it blank

Upvote 0