Android Question SLC Cannot find Basic4android folder

noeleon

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why can't i run SLC?
Error is "Cannot find Basic4android folder", but the folder exists.
I uninstalled and reinstalled B4A to fix any registry issues but still doesn't fix the problem.
B4J SLC, on the other hand, runs just fine. If I rename the B4J folder then it won't run. I rename it back and it runs again.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-09-28 043159.png
    Screenshot 2026-09-28 043159.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2026-09-28 043254.png
    Screenshot 2026-09-28 043254.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2026-09-28 043344.png
    Screenshot 2026-09-28 043344.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 79

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably not related to this error, but the Java folder inside Program Files is a mistake as that it's a restricted system folder.
 
Upvote 0

teddybear

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Is the B4A IDE configured correctly? Have you compiled and run a project?
 
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use OpenJDK 19.0.2. I only installed Java 8 to try to get SLC to run. Besides, SLC is supposed to be standalone as someone said
Yes, you can keep JDK8 in Program Files path for SLC and JDK19 in another path for B4A/B4J.
SLC still need to get the path of the AdditionalLibraries folder which set by the IDE.
 
Upvote 0

noeleon

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you can keep JDK8 in Program Files path for SLC and JDK19 in another path for B4A/B4J.
SLC still need to get the path of the AdditionalLibraries folder which set by the IDE.
Additional Libraries is set correctly
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-09-28 134409.png
    Screenshot 2026-09-28 134409.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
Top