Android Question [SOLVED] - Is the starter service protected against Android from putting it to sleep?

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings,

I have a simple question. Is the starter service protected against Android putting it to sleep?

I just want to make sure a user can't put my app to sleep by messing around with "Device care" under "Settings" on their devices. If it's possible Android will do that, then I will update the app to use the techniques from Background location tracking.

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
No.
The starter service doesn't have any effect on the process life cycle. It will keep running as long as the process is running.
Thanks for such a quick reply.

What steps can I do so the user can't accidentally put the app to sleep using "Device care"?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a feature specific to Samsung devices. I don't think that you can do anything about it, though it is not something that is expected to happen by mistake.

Keeping your app running in the background is problematic on many devices. In many cases building the solution based on push notifications, which are also not 100% fault proof, will result in a better performing app.

Upvote 0