Android Question [Solved] Recommendation of an Archiver Lib wanted

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
We are looking for an Archiver solution that meets the 64Bit requirement of Google's Playstore.

Informatix's wonderful UltimateArchiver contains a ".so file", which unfortunately does not meet the 64bit requirement.
2019-06-01_17-35-13.jpg
Since Informatix cannot continue to support the lib for certain reasons, a suitable alternative is required.​

A solution from JackKirk seems to be within reach, but there is a certain timeconsuming learning hurdle.​

So far I found those:
  1. Informatix's "Archiver": https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/lib-archiver.21688/
  2. Star-Dust's "ZipLibrary": https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-ziplibrary.90733/#content
Does anyone have a Playstore tested recommendation, or is there another option?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We are looking for an Archiver solution that meets the 64Bit requirement of Google's Playstore.

Informatix's wonderful UltimateArchiver contains a ".so file", which unfortunately does not meet the 64bit requirement.
Since Informatix cannot continue to support the lib for certain reasons, a suitable alternative is required.​

A solution from JackKirk seems to be within reach, but there is a certain timeconsuming learning hurdle.​

So far I found those:
  1. Informatix's "Archiver": https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/lib-archiver.21688/
  2. Star-Dust's "ZipLibrary": https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-ziplibrary.90733/#content
Does anyone have a Playstore tested recommendation, or is there another option?
As for my library it is based on Java so it has no problems with the 64bit. But keep in mind that it has very few features compared to the others

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is 64bit compliant.
Thanks for the hint. It works with 64bit but maybe also contains 32bit elements in the .so file that are not accepted by Google's Playstore (probably in the path UltimateArchiver.jar\lib\x86\libp7zip.so).​

As for my library it is based on Java so it has no problems with the 64bit
Tested as Playstore "compatible".​

Archiver is also Java based
Tested as Playstore "compatible".​

Attached are 3 test projects of the different archivers.

The respective .apk files are too large for upload here. If someone wants to see the effect in the Playstore console the apk files are here (The files will expire automatically 2 weeks from now):

Beware! Filebin changed the original ".apk" extender to ".zip". So please reset the extender to ".apk" before uploading it to the Playstore.
As a conclusion one will probably have to do without the very effective UltimatArchiver in the future.

"Archiver" and "SDZipLib" are Playstore 64bit compatible.

Attachments

• ZipTest_UltArc.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 210
  • ZipTest_Archiver.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 223
  • ZipTest_SD_ZipLibrary.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works with 64bit but maybe also contains 32bit elements in the .so file that are not accepted by Google's Playstore (probably in the path UltimateArchiver.jar\lib\x86\libp7zip.so).

For background as to what .so files you need for the new 64 bit support stuff, go to:

https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis

and look at the section titled "Supported ABIs" - it appears that the current ABIs are:

armeabi-v7a
arm64-v8a
x86
x86_64

I don't have UltimateArchiver but if it is anything like Informatix's ProBundle libraries you should have all of these .so files - some maybe in a file called "Native add-on.zip" inside the original delivered .zip

Open the UltimateArchiver.jar in your Additional Libraries folder with something like 7-Zip and add any missing .so files (with subfolders as per the above list) and delete any that are not in subfolders as per the above list.

I hope this makes sense :):):)

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the hint. It works with 64bit but maybe also contains 32bit elements in the .so file that are not accepted by Google's Playstore (probably in the path UltimateArchiver.jar\lib\x86\libp7zip.so).

Not sure what the problem is? Maybe I have not understood the problem but in the readme file, @Informatix says that you can add missing so-files from the native add-on folder he provided to the lib folder present in the jar-library.

In the native add-on folder :
upload_2019-6-3_0-26-15.png

you can find the arm64-v8a folder.
You should be able to unzip the jar file and add the arm64-v8a-folder (and its so-lib) and then you zip the file again (giving it the extension of .jar) and use this one. You can do the same with the x86_64 folder if you really want to support the x86 architecture/platform although hardly any devices uses it these days.

Edit: I missed @JackKirk post. Well, he said what I wanted to say as well...:)

Upvote 0