Share My Creation Space Defender - Ultimate (iSpriteKit)

hi

I have just finished my latest b4i Game [Space Defender - Ultimate]

I have learned a lot new stuff using iSpritekit with this project like using SKEmitters (Particle View)
I am also using for the first time iTiled. I am loading different levels with it and get all objects from it and create them in my game. So far it works great, so i am very happy that i can use now Tiled with b4i!!

This is the first version so i am planning to add lots of cool stuff to it in future updates (if it will get some attention in the store :()

TO DO:

- Boss Fights
- add Story with characters
- different background
- different music
- etc.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/il/app/space-defender-ultimate/id1232145880?mt=8

Space Defender - Ultimate

A fun and very addictive Space Defender game with amazing pixel art animations.

- Endless gameplay
- Challenging and fun Game
- Pixelart
- 24 different Waves

Try to beat the hi-score and save the Space!

Have fun :)

Video:

Tell me what ya think? :)

Attachments

• icon-76@2x.png
    [email protected]
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,085
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan,

are you enemy attack waves random or are the levels pre-written? I see you have set attack waves for enemy type, but is there a list of enemies in order or does the game pick at random what enemies attack?
Also, do the enemies get harder to kill over time?

There are 3 hardness level.

Hardness 1 has 7 waves
Hardness 2 has 7 waves
Hardness 3 has 11 waves

If u r under 20000 points u play in hardness 1 between 20k to 40k points u play hardness 2 above 40k u play hardness 3.

The waves are picked randomly from a list that is shuffled. Although the game will always start with the same wave but after that its picked up randomly BUT it is picked from a shuffled list so you wont have 2 waves that are the same after each other.

There are also 4 different asteroids waves.

When u cross 40k its start to get hard. 60k its crazy mode 80k is sucide mode 100k is nowaymode :p

I am jocking there is no nowaymode so u could also get 1 milion points but it will be very very hard

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hallo friends, i have uploaded a new video of "Space Defender - Ultimate"
It shows the implementation of GameCenter and the latest update of the game so you may have a short look at it :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, i need to be in first place :mad:

Just kidding, great job erel you have a soul of a gamer!

Btw after your post in gamecenter lib i will upload a new build to the first app and change this one so the second link will not be needed (if they approve the wildcard id app with a non wildcard id)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any more updates??? Really like this game.

IF you are not planning to convert it to B4A then my game is not competing! We can share notes :)

I've just figured out my attack wave system in my game. I can generate any number of attack waves using a function that takes enemy_type, number of enemies, start position and direction. MY update functions then update based on alien type.
It's more complicated than I originally thought, and I've not done the more complex attack movements from aliens yet! or bosses! but it's coming together well and I hope to have a test version to post her in a few weeks. All going to be finished before Christmas!!!!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll tell you the truth. I was waiting for my girls to prepare to school and I played your game. I had 5 lives left and I just ran out of time. Otherwise I would have reached 150k+ :)

Then i guess the game is too easy?
maybe i should update it with new features like boss fights and bonus waves..

Btw igamecenter works really great and its a big addition for b4i.

Although it looks for me like game making with b4i is not very popular arround b4x devs. Maybe simple tutorials could bring pation to b4x developers.

In my opinion you can create really great games with b4i and ispritekit.

This game took me only 5 days and it runs smooth and is stable. So b4i is indeed a great tool for game makers!!

EDIT: be prepared for new awesome b4i ganes on 2018 ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should add GameCenter to Paratroopers game and we will see who is the boss))

hi, @narek adonts ,i have just updated Paper Paratroopers and added GameCenter Support. I have not updated the game with iSpritekit because on second thought i find it very simple to use for it iSpritekit and also it runs smooth enough. Beside that I would like to start a new game for ios. Sort of a platformer with nice pixel assets (but not Pixel knight!) The game name will be "Indiana Bones" :)

Anyway, Paper Paratroopers has now GameCenter Support and let's see if you really will become the boss ;)

ps: iGameCenter save so much headache. No need for your own DB, no sql/php calls!! everything done by Apple, even the UI! Really awesome. Thanks a lot for that Erel!!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

when I was testing if my phone had a general problem with gamecenter leaderboard I tried your game again.

I noticed a small bug in it.

The background sizing doesn't seem to be using the full width of the screen and enemies seem to go outside of the gaming area in the black border on the left.

At the top the lives seems to go partly outside of the screen too.

Attachments

• IMG_0002b.gif
    IMG_0002b.gif
    151 KB · Views: 471

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

when I was testing if my phone had a general problem with gamecenter leaderboard I tried your game again.

I noticed a small bug in it.

The background sizing doesn't seem to be using the full width of the screen and enemies seem to go outside of the gaming area in the black border on the left.

At the top the lives seems to go partly outside of the screen too.

What iphone are u using?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
iphone 4S the 8Gb model.

I will test it on a 5 tonight aswell.