Speedtest Global Index

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you know about these statistics?

When you listen to your lawmakers talking (or should I say blabbering) about Digital Revolution, Digital Agenda, Digital Transformation while your everyday experience is as outlined by the above statistics, you know that most of what is said is simply non-existent, a dream, still futuristic.
Many advancements are based on the assumption of some high-speed data availability, but it seems that we're not so close as we would like to be.

udg

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know what you mean; I navigate at ultrasonic speeds!

1616427717864.png

:confused:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Bad news for you..Italy ranked at #48 with merely 84.84Mbps as average download speed...while you're at 8.17Mbps :(
So, your download speed is similar to the average d/l speed in Sudan and Guinea (#169 and #170 respectively)

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I live in Germany in a medium sized city, almost in the city center and have 250k fiber up to my apartment. I have been living there for over a year and have only had isolated problems which were due to my DNS provider, since I have been using a different one I have not experienced any problems.

But here in Germany Internet is still quite expensive, I pay for 250k fiber about 55€ a month.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you connected with a wire? After a long time of network problems I switched from wifi to ethernet and it is 3 times faster and more importantly, there are no network failures.

I should switch to fiber; it cost less than 5€/month more.

To use the ethernet cable I would have to move and, as I already said... I'm too lazy 😄

But I will try.

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1616433282751.png

But Oh boy do I pay for it £££'s lol

I also have a wired connection and had to upgrade the cat5 cables as they could not handle the speed.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You gotta look at it from the bright side, @BillMeyer - with those speeds you don't need a seatbelt when you're at your computer.

Now excuse me as I put on my pressurized suit and strap myself to my seat and surf the web for a while.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Apparently I can run as fast uphill as downhill here in the ZAR bundu (approximately) - as long as I'm not watching my favourite videos
1616449050775.png

There again its a miracle. The wireless signal navigates several hills and valleys across 25Km - and a tree or two - I hold my wet fingure up and check the wind direction twist my ear and bank balance and presto! Internet.

Incidentally, the small town near the rabbitBUSH is getting fibre installed to all the neighbourhoods - the vendors are not convinced that 20km away is part of the "sub-city" in my direction. There's just no working with The Executive Prerogative imperative.