iOS Question Storing files in DirLibrary?

red30

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using DirLibrary to store files. Periodically, I add new files and delite out obsolete files, but I noticed that in the settings, if you look at the size of the occupied data, they change with some delay. That is, if I add something, then I will see the increased size only after a while. The same thing happens with deletion, I delete files and only after a while I see that the size of the data has decreased. If I understood everything correctly, is this due to the fact that iTunes creates a backup copy? By default, are all files stored in DirLibrary copied to iTunes?
I can use File.SetExcludeFromBackup to prevent the app from backing up to iTunes. When is the best time to use this feature? Right after I copied the file to DirLibrary? If an iTunes backup has already been created, and I tell the file not to be backed up to iTunes, will the backup be automatically deleted?

red30

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why are you worried about it? It is managed by the OS. Lets it do its part.
Because users of my application delete files, and in the settings the size of the occupied data does not change. My application stores a lot of photos, which is why the data size is large.
I would also like to turn off the iTunes backup feature (my app data can be over 10GB), but don't know when to do it. When I just copied the file to DirLibrary or can I do it later?

Upvote 0