Bug? Subfolder of the Files folder

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a folder inside the Files folder, with some static data inside
I can read them with
B4X:
File.ReadString(File.DirAssets,  dir & "/" & localizedFileName)
but when I perform a "export as a Zip", they are not included.

These files are also not listed in the files tab of the IDE, because if i add them, they will be copied outside of the subfolder.
Am I using it the wrong way?

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
this is clear
i simply moved the files to the root Files folder, and organized them into an IDE folder
what about non .bas files that i may need to keep in a backup (like .bat files) that are in the main folder?
they are not backed-up with the zip export function, and i would prefer not to put them in the Files folder, because they will end up in the assets distributed to the user phones...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
what about non .bas files that i may need to keep in a backup (like .bat files) that are in the main folder?
The IDE will not treat them as part of the project so it will not "auto backup" them. Manually copy them to the auto backup folder and they will remain there (assuming that they are not being updated very frequently).

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
The auto backup folder itself isn’t part of the zip obtained with the “export as zip” command, so the will be lost anyway.
What I’m trying to achieve, is a proven and consistent method to archive/export all files needed for building a project.
Can you provide and “extras” folder, that will contain non-source files, that won’t be included in the apk, and that is archived as-is with the zip export?