Android Question The Android App Bundle was not signed

Solution
1. Check Tools - Private Sign Key. Look for the public key algorithm. If it isn't an old key then it should show 2048-bit RSA key.
2. Assuming that this is the case, add this line:
B4X:
#SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA-256 -sigalg SHA256withRSA

3. If you are using an old key then submit an APK instead of AAB. There are no advantages for AABs.

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
The page on my console just ask to load an app bundle. If I try to load an apk I get this message that says to load a valid app bundle:
error2_230802.jpg

Anyway, I opened a ticket on [email protected]

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Check Tools - Private Sign Key. Look for the public key algorithm. If it isn't an old key then it should show 2048-bit RSA key.
B4X:

3. If you are using an old key then submit an APK instead of AAB. There are no advantages for AABs.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Solution

ahpiuma

Licensed User
B4X:

Does it work?
The last solution proposed by Erel worked for me.

Upvote 0

Turkan Ergin

Licensed User
Great. Looks like they silently changed the requirements.

If you are using an old key then you can probably still upload an APK instead of AAB.

I am very happy to be part of such an amazing group and thank you very much for the speed and dedication to the solution.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:

Does it work?
thank you Erel for the fast solution. this solve the issue and i can upload the aab file to google play. 🙏🙏🙏

Upvote 0

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
B4X:

Does it work?
Tested right now. It works perfectly, thank you!!!
About the ticket .... no news from google yet, but I hope it can be useful to let them understand that it could be nice to have warnings about further changes.

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
After adding #signkeyalgorithm I get this error when compiling aab file

jarsigner error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key algorithm not compatible with signature algorithm

Upvote 0

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested right now. It works perfectly, thank you!!!
About the ticket .... no news from google yet, but I hope it can be useful to let them understand that it could be nice to have warnings about further changes.
Where you set the ticket?, maybe we can join or up-vote to make pressure..

Upvote 0

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
Where you set the ticket?, maybe we can join or up-vote to make pressure..
To open a ticket I click on the question mark in the top right corner of the developer's console. This action opens a guide, and in the guide clicking on "contact us" one has to provide the information needed to open a ticket.
About loading APKs I found this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9842756?hl=en
At the point "How it works--> Note" there is some information. They suggest to use their Play App Signing. Don't know, up to now the key signature generated by B4A works perfect for me.
open_a_ticket.jpg

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same error here, my cert is the old one from 2018-19, any sugestion @Erel?

EDIT:
Uploaded APK and accepted successfully✔️
Surely uploading APK is a patch not a fix yeah?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Surely uploading APK is a patch not a fix yeah?
No. There are no benefits for AABs. At least not with B4A. If you want to waste your time and energy then ask Google to upgrade your key (the old key isn't compatible with their new requirements). Eventually the result will be exactly the same.

Bottom line:
1. If using old key - submit an APK.
2. If using new key - add the #SignKeyAlgorithm

Upvote 0