B4J Library [Tool] [Source code] lmRenameB4XPagesProject

A tool to rename B4XPages project files.

As you know, a typical B4XPages project looks something like this:

1619436240153.png

If you want to change the project name, you need to manually rename 6 files - 2 for each platform - and the "main root folder" if desired (very often).
In particular, you know how tedious it is to rename "meta" files, because of the double dot.

With this tool you can do it automatically and without the risk of making mistakes.

Just select the B4XPages project folder, enter the new name and press [Rename].

Don't forget to offer me half a pizza (or half a hot dog, even if that's more indigestible šŸ˜„ ).

V. 1.1.1
05/01/2021
Fixed a bug on changing "main" folder name.

V. 1.1.0 04/29/2021
Added drag and drop feature to select the project folder.
Filled RenameTo TextField with the dropped file name (as default, so you can change it).
Fixed a small bug (it changed project extensions to capital letters)
a.gif

V. 1.0.0
1619436696435.png

Attachments

• lmRenameB4XPagesProject_1_1_1.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It may not seem like it but it is really useful.

Right now I wanted to start a new version of one of my B4XPages project; what have I done? Copied and pasted the folder that contains it and then I would have to change all the names to "MyProgV2", for example. Thanks to the tool, it was done automatically.

Using it, however, I realized that it would be much more comfortable to be able to drag the project folder onto the Form, instead of opening it using the button (having to navigate using Windows Explorer - although the tool saves the last folder accessed).

What do you say, should I add this little thing? :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It may not seem like it but it is really useful.

Right now I wanted to start a new version of one of my B4XPages project; what have I done? Copied and pasted the folder that contains it and then I would have to change all the names to "MyProgV2", for example. Thanks to the tool, it was done automatically.

Using it, however, I realized that it would be much more comfortable to be able to drag the project folder onto the Form, instead of opening it using the button (having to navigate using Windows Explorer - although the tool saves the last folder accessed).

What do you say, should I add this little thing? :)
Done.

V. 1.1.0 04/29/2021
Added drag and drop feature to select the project folder.
Filled RenameTo TextField with the dropped file name (as default, so you can change it).
Fixed a small bug (it changed project extensions to capital letters)

Last edited:

RodM

Licensed User
Just reporting an issue...

I don't know why but, your program has renamed my project and then moved it into its own objects folder.
Maybe because I run it in debug mode?

1658843408086.png

Initially I was desperate because I thought my program was vanished :p ...