Android Question Ubuntu install

Spright

Hi, coul anyone guide me though how to install B4A on to Ubuntu? I read a few guides for Linux on the forum but they are quiet difficult to follow, could I get some steps explaining exactly how to get a 4BA folder on my desktop that I can run and develop for Android like on Windows?

If there are two or more techniques (like using Wine for instance) then I would like to know the simpler one as I am not used to Wine. If there are no other way then I will try anything of course.

TIA!

Spright

I read that one, I could not understand it at all. I wish to install BxA on Linux but it is abit diffciult for me to understand how to install it, or rather not install it, but to use it like a portalble app. Both would work equally well. As i do not have access to windows all the time I waish to use B4A, is it possible?

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I read that one, I could not understand it at all. I wish to install BxA on Linux but it is abit diffciult for me to understand how to install it, or rather not install it, but to use it like a portalble app. Both would work equally well. As i do not have access to windows all the time I waish to use B4A, is it possible?
Which line of instruction you don't understand? You can ask about that step.

B4A cannot be run as portable because it depends on .Net runtime which need to be installed.

Upvote 0

Spright

almost the all 25 steps actually, a few of them is possible for me ut if i do them there will be steps till to make that I cannot do. Can somone help make a package to run , a portable would be good becuae the .net installer is actually the easy step i think.

Upvote 0

fgh3966

Licensed User
Good morning I managed to install B4A on ubuntu 18.04 but with wine 8.0.0 I had a lot of problems, so I went back to wine 7.0.0~bionic.
For that you can block the versions of the packages for my case at wine 7.0.0~bionic
I hope not to give a bad idea.
From version 12.0 B4A is in 64 bits.
Apart from some adjustments in winetricks + the installation of B4A, for my part I installed everything in console mode.
Also you have to copy the directories containing the Android and java files to the c: drive of wine.
Note that , to use B4bridge you need adb 1.0.40 otherwise it doesn't work.
To access your wine hard drive, it's in your home and it's the hidden folder named .wine (the dot "." in front of a directory or file name) is used to hide it .wine will be cached .bashrc is also hidden If you remove the dot "." it will appear (bad idea)
"winne --version" is used to know what version of wine we are.
"wineconsole" starts a windows command prompt.
"exit" exits wineconsole or cmd mode of wine. Also "exit" allows you to quit the linux console.
I use "winecfg" to set windows version.

Here are some lines I found on my ~.bashrc you have to install what they call a 64bit bottle.

You must install winetricks and update it , for update winetricks try the command : "sudo winetricks --self-update"

Configure your wineprefix with arch = 64bit

"WINEPREFIX="/home/yourHOME/winedrive/wine64" winetricks"
"WINEPREFIX="/home/yourHOME/winedrive/wine64"
"WINEARCH=win64 wine wineboot --restart"

uou must install dotnet4.5.2 and vcrun2010 with the command :
"winetricks dotnet452 vcrun2010"
with the "winecfg" command you can set the version of windows you want me it's win 7
Also in winetricks depending on the windows version options like ddr=gdi, etc... disappear and appear when setting winetriks.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Spright

Sorry about the delay I have been buzy and stressed out but I finally solved it running B4A on Linux it was easy, you jsut have to know what menus to click and what to install. The lists here mabe me anxious that you would need to know stuff. I asked ChaTGPT with the threads here and got a really nice comprehensive list how to do it simple. I made a list to share here but I lost it through my work. If anyone wants it in the future i will take up on it, it's really not hard at all to run on Linux as some threads here wants to give you the impression of.

I'm very impressed with the knowledge in this forum overall but som subjects tend to get overly complicated. Thanks to the poeple how helped me in this.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry about the delay I have been buzy and stressed out but I finally solved it running B4A on Linux it was easy, you jsut have to know what menus to click and what to install. The lists here mabe me anxious that you would need to know stuff. I asked ChaTGPT with the threads here and got a really nice comprehensive list how to do it simple. I made a list to share here but I lost it through my work. If anyone wants it in the future i will take up on it, it's really not hard at all to run on Linux as some threads here wants to give you the impression of.

I'm very impressed with the knowledge in this forum overall but som subjects tend to get overly complicated. Thanks to the poeple how helped me in this.
Please share your simplified steps if you think you can explain better.

I agree with you that the steps are actually easy.

The important points are
1. getting wine to installed
2. Install .Net framework 4 and VCRuntime using winetrick and correct architecture (32 or 64bit)

Other steps are similar as installing B4X IDE and Java in Windows machine.

Upvote 0