Android Question Using a webview to display ads

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if this has been asked before , but is there a tutorial showing us how to use the webview to show ads? Both for banner and interstitial.

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you need WebView for this? Which ads provider are you using?
I needed to find an alternative to Admob after they stopped serving my app. The other ad providers I found either lacked support for B4A or just wouldn't meet my needs. Plus I also wanted to find a way to monetize B4J apps.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if this has been asked before , but is there a tutorial showing us how to use the webview to show ads? Both for banner and interstitial.

If you want to display an ad into the webview you can create html to display the image and load this html in the webview. This means that you will not use any ads provider but the ad provider will be yourself. Why do you want to do this in a webview and not in an imageview (since I suppose you will display only images) ?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can bet on it that they will check the referer url and other things so it probably will work untill you reach the payout values and they check things.

and how will you solve clicks? everything will appear in that mini sized webview.

Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want to display an ad into the webview you can create html to display the image and load this html in the webview. This means that you will not use any ads provider but the ad provider will be yourself. Why do you want to do this in a webview and not in an imageview (since I suppose you will display only images) ?
When I did more research about it I realized I would not have any ad providers, as I was hoping for. Unless if you know such a service that will automatically retrieve from ad providers. I looked into using the AdColony SDK , but so far there’s no library for B4A.

Upvote 0