iOS Question Using Timer to quietly process with mainthread exception as in B4A

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Is a fix needed to run network communication in the main thread as was case with B4a or thats a non issue here in B4i?

Thanx!

Mark

P.S. How do you hold all this information in your head are you a super alien or something! Which is way cool btw

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have an example of how to use asyncstreams for the reading part and where in the code to place to not be in the main thread. Do I simply add a new code module and place a sub in there with async commands? Can that sub be a timer tick to execute async reads at time intervals. Sorry if the question is not logical as I'm not sure if the async fires on its own continuously without a loop.

I used the alternative for B4a to bypass restrictions on main thread network exception but as this may not be an option for B4i I thought I'd better grasp async for B4i.

Thanks

Mark

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have an example of how to use asyncstreams for the reading part and where in the code to place to not be in the main thread. Do I simply add a new code module and place a sub in there with async commands? Can that sub be a timer tick to execute async reads at time intervals. Sorry if the question is not logical as I'm not sure if the async fires on its own continuously without a loop.

I used the alternative for B4a to bypass restrictions on main thread network exception but as this may not be an option for B4i I thought I'd better grasp async for B4i.

Thanks

Mark
Hi Erel,

Ok found a tutorial I see there is an event raised which wwhen data arrives ok now this answers my checking loop question and where to place in code. I will give this a go to satisy the standards for network seamless communication.

Cheers

Mark

Upvote 0