VoIP SIP (Voice Calls) System : Source Code

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if yes do we need to configure the ios provisions file with a specific condition to allow incoming calls when the app is in the background?
With iOS, the only way to guarantee that an app will be waked up from any state (even swipe-killed) is to register it for push VoIP notifications. At the same time, since 13.something version (don't remember exactly), iOS requires that any received pushKit VoIP notification is forwarded to CallKit so that it can pop-up iOS user interface for call management. An additional certificate for such notifications is needed and the server must have it (a derived .pem file) to launch the VoIP notifications accordingly.
(Note that the above is not mandatory for VoIP calls to work as such, but to receive the notifications so that it can really work as a phone receiving calls in background.)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With iOS, the only way to guarantee that an app will be waked up from any state (even swipe-killed) is to register it for push VoIP notifications. At the same time, since 13.something version (don't remember exactly), iOS requires that any received pushKit VoIP notification is forwarded to CallKit so that it can pop-up iOS user interface for call management. An additional certificate for such notifications is needed and the server must have it (a derived .pem file) to launch the VoIP notifications accordingly.
(Note that the above is not mandatory for VoIP calls to work as such, but to receive the notifications so that it can really work as a phone receiving calls in background.)

thanx @JordiCP for the explaination. i hope this framework support it because without that it is not really a real VoIP SIP Voice Call System, right ? :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am not really sure why we didn't get any notifications from this topic, so my apologies for the late reply.

As for @ilan question, in IOS currently you have to leave the app opened to receive and perform any calls, but in the future we will add a background feature (depending on the PushKit)

As for the The android, we perform a background service which receives and performs calls .

*To be able to run the app in background in IOS we will need to take more time developing it and we always release new updates, so in the future we will release an update regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Saif

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i hope this framework support it because without that it is not really a real VoIP SIP Voice Call System, right ?
Well, it seems to me that it is indeed a VoIP SIP Voice Call System, specially if it is compatible with external server calls. But of course I'm not who to say anything 🤷‍♂️
Regarding the expected "completeness" to be able to receive calls in the background for the iOS case, it is just a bit troublesome (at least it was for me) to set it up for VoIP push notifications, also on the server side, but it is something that only has to do with the call notification management, not the technology used :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone :)

While we were warping up the project (B4J Server) and testing it we found out that the connection between the clients (B4A + B4i) disconnects after 6-10 seconds showing a message (transaction terminated) but if we connected to the server using PhonerLite or Jitsi the connection and the call works flawless and without any problems so we are currently changing the Clients SDKs because the Native SDK (B4A) is not working properly.

*Because we always make sure that we release projects without any problems and making sure that the clients are happy so :
My Apologies for the delay, but bear with us until we are finished from creating and implementing new SDK.
The New Release Date is set on : 06-04-2021 11:00 PM (GMT 2+)

Thank you,
Saif

AlexG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi sfsameer,

Does this have 'push to talk' feature? If so, can you please send me a message. I would be very interested in purchasing this code.

Kindest Regards,
Alex G.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi sfsameer,

Does this have 'push to talk' feature? If so, can you please send me a message. I would be very interested in purchasing this code.

Kindest Regards,
Alex G.
Hello,

We will include this feature in the next update as soon as the project is released.

Thank you,
Saif

prbmjr

Licensed User
Hello everyone :)

While we were warping up the project (B4J Server) and testing it we found out that the connection between the clients (B4A + B4i) disconnects after 6-10 seconds showing a message (transaction terminated) but if we connected to the server using PhonerLite or Jitsi the connection and the call works flawless and without any problems so we are currently changing the Clients SDKs because the Native SDK (B4A) is not working properly.

*Because we always make sure that we release projects without any problems and making sure that the clients are happy so :
My Apologies for the delay, but bear with us until we are finished from creating and implementing new SDK.
The New Release Date is set on : 06-04-2021 11:00 PM (GMT 2+)

Thank you,
Saif

Hi Saif,

Do you have other release date for the project?

br,

Paulo Bueno

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Saif,

Do you have other release date for the project?

br,

Paulo Bueno
Hello,

The B4J (Server) and the Android (Client) are ready to be released but we are facing a huge problem regarding embedding an external library called PJSIP in B4i
Reference :

We are thinking of releasing the Android & B4J first and once the B4i is ready we will release it as well.

*Currently we are rebuilding the B4i library and trying some solutions that were provided by the lovely B4X members, so if the B4i library didn't work we will release the above and once the B4i is ready we will release it as well.

Thank you,
Saif

prbmjr

Licensed User
Hello,

The B4J (Server) and the Android (Client) are ready to be released but we are facing a huge problem regarding embedding an external library called PJSIP in B4i
Reference :

We are thinking of releasing the Android & B4J first and once the B4i is ready we will release it as well.

*Currently we are rebuilding the B4i library and trying some solutions that were provided by the lovely B4X members, so if the B4i library didn't work we will release the above and once the B4i is ready we will release it as well.

Thank you,
Saif

Hi SAif,

Ok, for me it´s a very good solution, because in my case, I will use the Android & B4J first ...

br,

Paulo

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The official and final date :
11-04-2021 11:00 PM (GMT 2+)

We will release the B4J + B4A first and the B4i will be released as well once we are able to add extensions, linking libraries, etc... to it.

AlexG

Licensed User
Longtime User
The official and final date :
11-04-2021 11:00 PM (GMT 2+)

We will release the B4J + B4A first and the B4i will be released as well once we are able to add extensions, linking libraries, etc... to it.

Very much looking forward to the release of this. :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello :)

We are currently creating a video setup guide + full documentation on how to use the projects.

Once they are done we will be sending the source codes :)

Thank you,
Saif