iOS Question "Waiting for IDE"

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

actually, the B4i software worked without any problems. Now that I have not done anything with it for half a year, it no longer works.

After compiling, the app installs itself on the simulator and tries to start. However, only the message "waiting for IDE" appears and nothing happens.

"Build Simulator Release App" works on iMac Simulator, but debugging does not work anymore.
It also makes no difference if the option "Use Apple Configurator to install" is enabled or not.

If I copy the same installation from B4i (Zip), it works on my Surface Book strangely enough. However, there is no difference in the files or other things to the PC.

What I have tried so far :
- Deleted folder "c:\Users\xxxxx\appdata\Roaming\Anywhere Software\".
- Windows Firewall disabled
- Reinstall B4i
- Reinstall Java (same Version on both systems)

In another thread here in the forum it said that reinstalling Windows should help. But are there maybe any ideas to prevent this ? Does anyone the same problems ?

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

unfortunately, it's exactly the same thing on a real device. I also tried if it is MacBook and got your " Hosted Mac Builder".
Unfortunately it makes no difference if local or your cloud. I have not installed virus scanners or any other "optimization tools".

Strange is that the app automatically installs itself on the device (iPhone and simulator) after the finished compile, but it seems to be missing the connect to the B4i software. Can you tell me how the connect works ? Maybe this brings the solution.

1637933947862.png

David

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The IDE does connect to the bridge, right? Check it by opening the visual designer. It should show the layout on the device.
Are you able to debug programs with B4A or B4J?

Can you tell me how the connect works ?
The IDE starts another process on the PC. This process connects to the device.

Upvote 0