B4J Question What about javafxports?

mrpastewart

Licensed User
Hello Erel

New user here but have a question. Do you have any plans to incorporate javafxports into the mix at all. seems to me that if you moved to using such that we could have one IDE that basically allows B4J to cover all platforms. javafxports targets ios and android and using something like robovm allows java to run across the iOS mobile platforms. This would allow sharing UI code across all platforms and would allow for a seamless experience in one IDE. Then you would only need to maintain one IDE instead of three. Also I noticed that the IDE is using .net (I code in .net as well and can spot an app a mile away) have you ever considered using monodevelop slimmed down to it's core to allow a custom IDE that runs on mono therefore allowing B4J IDE to be cross platform? If you removed all of the .net addons and rebuilt your .net code to be addons then it would work on both .net full and mono. obviously the new crossplatform .net has no gui interface officially supported nor provided so that is not an option yet. Just curious and thought I would ask.

Not saying I'm making any sense here either LOL just thinking outloud

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have any plans to incorporate javafxports into the mix at all
No.

one IDE that basically allows B4J to cover all platforms
We already have one language and more or less the same IDE that allows you to access all platforms with native solutions.

have you ever considered using monodevelop slimmed down to it's core to allow a custom IDE that runs on mono therefore allowing B4J IDE to be cross platform?
Yes, it was considered. Unfortunately the slimmed down IDE will be too weak and will not be comparable to the current IDE.

Upvote 0

mrpastewart

Licensed User
We already have one language and more or less the same IDE that allows you to access all platforms with native solutions.

True.. I guess I was focused more on the fact you could get a write once run everywhere using javafx and fxports sharing UI code as well but then it's java everywhere when B4a and B4i are native indeed.

Yes, it was considered. Unfortunately the slimmed down IDE will be too weak and will not be comparable to the current IDE.

weak? really :rolleyes:

Anyway, like I said I am a new user and must say I am impressed with what you have done loving it....

Upvote 0

mrpastewart

Licensed User
Last edited:
Upvote 0