Android Question Why should I buy B4a?

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because it is a magical intuitive way of creating apps for Android.

Have you tried learning Java with the Eclipse IDE?

With Basic4android you can make an app in under a minute.
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/the-super-quick-way-to-knock-up-a-test-app.29596/#content

Now I'm learning how to make them pretty too!

Just slap a graphic on, then draw graphics for your buttons and you have a visually appealing app

21a0ny0.jpg

So that's pretty, what about complex?

Yeah... how about an Android app written in Basic4android that communicates with microcontrollers over a bluetooth link enabling them to use your phone or tablet as the control panel to your device, be it robot, drone, or washing machine? Allowing them to speak! play sound effects, send text messages, act on incoming text messages! Remote control your remote controlled device :)

More info on my website, check it out. Plus Discounts!

Last edited:

DouglasNYoung

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
When you said
in the near future is on releasing the first version of B4i.
; Can you give an idea of timescales (weeks, months, exact date?). Even better is there any chance of a preview?

Txs,
Douglas

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has been stated many times on the forum that a release is hoped for before the end of the year, but it is not guaranteed. It has also been stated that a beta will probably be released approx. 1 month before first release.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the meantime, we should groped to develop in order to make the porting of our app for B4I. Groped to subdivide code into blocks (classes, possibly) and isolate the graphics from the rest.

(but how does Erel to do all this?!?!?! really is amazing! addition, he will also find the time to visit Como and look after his three children. I think he sleeps 25 seconds every night :D )

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think he sleeps 25 seconds every night
more accurately ...
B4X:
 Dim mySleepTime as Long : mySleepTime = 25 * DateTime.TicksPerSecond
:)

Upvote 0

Said

Licensed User
Longtime User
The late night chat gooes good information for me. First time i hear about b4i in this thread. I tought IanMC was joking about b4i. If its true, very good news for me. Was it discussed before ? Any details or projections ?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Said

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks ilan.

Well, because of i am new b4a developer, i am nearly lost. Forums are like maze for me but soon, i'll control something :)

All i need time and browser which supports much more 'tabs' hehe

Upvote 0

Said

Licensed User
Longtime User
Open new instances of your browser, instead of new "tabs" :)
Hehe, iam.

There are too many tabs and more than one b4a projects opened same time. Working like copy/paste expert. I really like forum and developers in this forum. They have good 'knowledge sharing' ethic.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel :
Thanks for updating the URL! (Post #15) Link goes where it should now :)

Upvote 0