B4J Question Why was Scene Builder deprecated? It is quite amazing.

JamesGreaves

Licensed User
I just took a look at Scene Builder without realizing it was deprecated and was so excited to see all it could do.
Then I saw it had been deprecated. But why?
Is there something else I could use that is like it? Or must I now just use the Internal Designer?

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
There was also a moment where Oracle discontinued the support of Scene Builder. It was later continued and supported by Gluon.

For a moment I was scared that I developed an app based on a software that was discontinued, but very happy to see that Erel developed his own Scene designer! :) I definitely encourage you to use Internal Designer, unless you have to support legacy apps. Gluon hasn't done much updates to Scene Builder compared to what Erel did.

Upvote 0

JamesGreaves

Licensed User
There was also a moment where Oracle discontinued the support of Scene Builder. It was later continued and supported by Gluon.

For a moment I was scared that I developed an app based on a software that was discontinued, but very happy to see that Erel developed his own Scene designer! :) I definitely encourage you to use Internal Designer, unless you have to support legacy apps. Gluon hasn't done much updates to Scene Builder compared to what Erel did.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply very much.

Upvote 0