B4J Question Windows ram problem with B4J mqtt client

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I have a program, made with B4J (ver. 8.50) which is active 24 hours a day on Windows 10 professional pc This program connects with a mqtt broker, Mosquitto, to 'read' the commands that some phones send, commands that must be executed on the pc The program works correctly, but using the Windows task manager you can see the ram occupation starting from 100 Mbyte and slowly going up to over 4 Gbyte The commands received from the phones are displayed on the program on a textbox, I initially thought that the problem was the use of the textbox, so I added a function to periodically delete the text contained in the textbox, but without success The ram used by the program grows without ever returning to its original size, as per the program just started Ram occupation is not a problem The real problem is the inability to start other programs on that computer due to lack of available RAM What could be causing the problem? How to look for what instructions can cause this problem? How to limit the ram used by the program?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Which parameter exactly should I look at?

1610019964645.png

Upvote 0