[Wish] Project Properties in one dialog

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wish for future versions to put one dialog for project properties (app version, choose icon, app label, package name)

It will be much simpler and easier to put all needed parameter for our apps if it is in one dialog. And I prefer that choose icon show what is a icon of our app.

Is it possibile Erel? Maybe in future :sign0060:

Here is screenshot example how I think it will be :D

b4a_sample.png

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
+ 100!

I asked for this a while back. Your mockup is even better than I envisioned. When I saw this screenshot in the other thread my first thought was that Erel had put that into the new beta. :D Then I realized it was only a request. :(

This would be so much easier to manage the project properties and options.

WizardOz

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

This will be a great and tidy addition to this great IDE!

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes :D

It will be great to have something like this. I hope that Erel will check this as update with future versions

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree that this will be helpful and much more user friendly to change Project properties but the Activity properties (full screen, include Title) shouldn't be included in this dialog because they can be set per activity.

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Needs OK and CANCEL buttons in the white area too. Right now it is a forced OK, so if you make an error you can't abort. Also, if the example used is a real project- Balloon is spelled wrong and the icon doesn't go with the app. :D

Don't worry it is only the sample of icon and name of the app. But when I made some game with balloons I will try to spell it correctly :D

In Croatian balloon is balon :D

Yes I forgot tu put button's Save and Cancel :sign0156:

My language is Croatian so it is not easy to me to write on english but I'm glad that Erel will made this update in future version :sign0060:

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't worry Pluton... your English is better than most Americans' these days. :BangHead:

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, your English is fine. Just making sure something didn't get deployed with a spelling error. So, are there language files and translations of B4A for you guys?

No, I complete understand english so it is not problem to work in english language only problem is my spelling of some words :D

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, congratulations on that too! Much better spelling than most Americansas well!

:sign0098:

BarrySumpter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey!
I completely resemble that comment!

+1 here.

package to enforce/translate to lowercase no matter if upper is used.
something about no numerics as first letter.

Really nice layout.

Can we do this ourselves somehow?
Without waiting for an update?

Last edited:

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey!
Can we do this ourselves somehow?
Without waiting for an update?

If I had time I'd whip something up. Shouldn't be too hard to edit the file. Having to do it in another app could get annoying though, and if B4A open while doing it then it may not reopen it to get current settings and would wipe out what you changed. Could even add the ability to configure the Activities in the same folder. The UTF BOM or whatever the stuff is at the start of the Activity files would need to be handled though.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
With all of the awesome updates to B4A lately...

BUMP! :D