iOS Question Xcode

kc1

Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all, I have both hosted and local Mac builds setup for my B4i. They both worked fine.

Recently I received some sample Xcode projects that I want to build with Xcode, and I received a message near the end of build in Xcode apparently asking for password for my hosted build server. What should I do?

I am a novice when it comes to building iOS apps, so I fumbled around, went to developer.apple.com and created another certificate, assuming that would solve my problem. Well, I don't know what to do with the new certificate.

My old certificated that I got from setting up B4i is now invalid and replaced by the new certificate (I think). I can still build via hosted in B4i, but my Xcode is still asking for a password. It had a message "codesign wants to use the 'xxxx' key change." Since I don't have that password, so Xcode could not proceed.

I couldn't find any information to resolve my issue.

Please help.

Thank you,
kc

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe i am wrong so Erel will correct me but the hosted builder is maybe only to be used with b4i not xcode

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hosted build server works only with b4i from a windows PC and not from your mac. to build an app in xcode on your local mac you will need to create a certification and provisions file same like you did with b4i but only that xcode will do it automatically for you.

i have done it on my local mac and run a xcode game and everything works fine. maybe the password he ask you is your appstore password...
hard to tell without to see it

Upvote 0

kc1

Licensed User
Longtime User
tufanv and ilan,

Thanks for your replies!

I know that B4i runs on Windows PC only. Now I wish I hadn't setup my Mac for local build. Perhaps undoing/disabling "local build" will help.

I don't know how to undo "local build" or how to separate/disassociate my local Mac's Xcode from B4i.

Right now, I'm stuck not being able to build with Xcode on my Mac. I hope to be able to build some Xcode sample and perhaps one day build libraries I can use in B4i.

kc

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use my mac mini as local builder and i also can build apps in xcode alone so i dont see any problems using my mac as my b4i builder and also use it to build 100% xcode apps.

Upvote 0

kc1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thank you for your tip about "Keychain Access" because I'm not familiar with the Mac OS and all its details. I deleted the builder keychain and was able to build my sample project with Xcode :)

ilan, thank you for confirming that it is possible to build Xcode projects and use local Mac for B4i apps on the same Mac. I didn't have time to give that a try yesterday, but I'm sure it'll work :)

Upvote 0