iOS Question Xcode and B4i

kc1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

My Local Mac successfully compiled, installed, and ran my B4i generated app on an iPhone. Meaning, my certificate and provisioning were done correctly.

Then I tried to use Xcode by itself and wrote a simple "Hello World" program for testing. The app compiled and ran fine on the simulator. However, when I tried to run the app on a physical iPhone, it asked me for my B4i keychain password during the Build phase as follows:

keychain-png.46364

I tried different passwords and none of them worked.

I don't know enough about certificates and provisioning to resolve this issue.

Perhaps the solution is to use the Hosted Mac Builder Service for my B4i and use Xcode to learn Swift programming, that way I will maintain two different development and deployment certificates?

If I can use two different certs, how do I go about resolving the Xcode codesign issue? How do I tell Xcode not to use the B4i Local Mac provision?

What is your suggestion? What is the best solution and how do I go about achieving my goal?

Thank you,

KC

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It can be complicated to use Xcode together with the B4i builder. The builder changes the default keychain.

From my experience you can get it to work if you first compile with B4i and then reopen Xcode. It doesn't always work.

If you want to use both Xcode (with a real device) and B4i together then the hosted builder is a good option.

Upvote 0

kc1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I went to my Apple Developer account and deleted previous Certificates, App ID's and Provisioning Profiles.

I successfully created a new Certificate and Provision from within Xcode and ran my simple test App on the iPhone.

With that, I bought a 1-year Hosted Mac Builder option for B4i and attempted to setup a second certificate for B4i. However, the "iOS App Development" option at the Apple Developer Site was greyed out and I can't make the request for B4i.

Please help.

Thank you,

KC

Last edited:
Upvote 0