Android Question Wake lock permission

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Go to the Logs tab and click on 'List Permissions'. "dangerous' permissions are marked with *. If there are none then you don't need to do anything special.

BTW adding the star (*) to the end was a great idea.
I only know weather or not I need RTP because I have already checked up on RTP. I automatically add RTP whenever I need to read/write to a file, anything to do with GPS/Location or whenever scanning for WiFi APs, yes RTP is needed for scanning APs.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not needed in most cases.

I always run the latest SDK Targets as they are released, always have done, always will do. I'm currently on 27. Whenever I write to external storage I add RTP, wether it be for an image or a file. I should have said external in my previous post ;)

Always using the newest SDK has only ever caused me a hand full of issues, but I've learned what had to be done to get apps working again a long time ago because of it, so I'm please that I went that route. If I hadn't gone that route I would only now be learning how to fix issues because of Google forcing target 26 onto delevopers by the end of next year.

Quote from Google developers blog (for developers not in the know as yet):
  • In the second half of 2018, Play will require that new apps and app updates target a recent Android API level. This will be required for new apps in August 2018, and for updates to existing apps in November 2018. This is to ensure apps are built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.
I'm already sorted ;)

Someone is bound say why external lol...

Last edited:
Upvote 0