Wish Access to scrollview inner panel in designer

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I post this wish once a year so here we go :)

I'd like to be able to place views directly into the inner panel of a scrollview in the designer. This way we don't have to do it in code and it is less confusing when updating the app and layouts in the future, and just makes the designer tighter and more integrated in the development process.

--- Jem

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
The question is still, Why should I have to? Why can't I just build the layout I want in the designer to begin with? Why must I load another layout in code?

--- Jem

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, this would be good. Sometimes, one wants to add fairly complex layouts to a scrollview (say, a settings screen). It's easier to do in the designer than in code.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question is still, Why should I have to? Why can't I just build the layout I want in the designer to begin with? Why must I load another layout in code?
I don't really see the problem here. I see more problems if it is done the way you want it. Normally the contents of the Scrollview is larger then the ScrollView itself. So how should this be handled in the designer? A scrollbar on the Scrollview to scroll its inner layout?

I agree, this would be good. Sometimes, one wants to add fairly complex layouts to a scrollview (say, a settings screen). It's easier to do in the designer than in code.
You don't have to make the design by code. Just create the layout of the ScrollView Contents with the designer and load it to the inner Panel.