Android Question Android apps on Windows 11

jai

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 lets you port your Android app to Windows 11 users. The app needs to be compatible with Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) for handling window resizing and mapping input controls to be accepted in this appstore. Do we have the capability in B4A to attain this compatibility? Any thoughts or suggestions?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 lets you port your Android app to Windows 11 users. The app needs to be compatible with Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) for handling window resizing and mapping input controls to be accepted in this appstore. Do we have the capability in B4A to attain this compatibility? Any thoughts or suggestions?
I'm not too familiar with this feature, but from what I understand based on this page You will need to set up your windows 11 machine in order for you to be able to run your android apps on windows 11, I don't have a windows 11 machine so I can't try this but let us know if you decide to give it a try, I'm very curious and excited about this feature, this opens up a lot of possibilities specially for some apps I have built for work.

Regards,
Walter

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have tried it and it worked

Upvote 0

WizardOz

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works, and it works very good if your computer is up to it.
I use it regulary for debug and working with B4A.
And I have a couple of android games on my machine a well.

Upvote 0

jai

Licensed User
Longtime User
My question was related to the possibility of placing a modified B4A app in the Amazon Appstore to be made available in Microsoft Store for Windows 11 users. Most apps can be placed in Amazon Appstore without any modification. But to qualify the app for availability in Windows 11 it needs to be modified further for handling window resizing (here) and mapping input controls (here).

If you have the latest version of Windows 11 you can get the Amazon Appstore from the Microsoft Store and all qualified Android apps are available there for download and use.

I need help in doing the required modifications.

Last edited:
Upvote 0