Android Question App Bundle Signed

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. To update it is very simple, no action is required.
Now i am trying to load a new app.
When try to load a new app it gives me the message: "For new apps, Android App Bundles must be signed with an RSA key." ( see in red in follow picture )

1615233376183.png

Anyway i dont see Release Management - App signing or similar, but only this:

1615233393590.png

The only thing that i see is "Scarica certificato" ( Download Certificate ). Maybe the certificate (deployment_cert.der) needs to be downloaded and the way to operate changes. ??
Because i dont see, also if app is new, tool Pepk.jar and no encryptionkey

1615233420038.png

Thank you
Marco

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
In order to get the pepk.jar tool when uploading new app for google signing, you need to select

3rd option: Export and upload a key from Java keystore

brave_aENaUkLj2t.png

Then from there, you will be presented with this screen

rltDzjaWgx.png

Next Follow the instructions here to generate the upload key and certificate file for uploading back to google

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @mcqueccu . To be even clearer (it took me a few hours to figure it out).
- For existing apps, the update is very simple. Nothing is required, you just have to recompile the app in AAB (without adding anything) and re-enter as an update.
- For NEW App is IMPORTANT for see PEPK and you sign, CLICK on button OPT-IN ( in picture "Gestisci la firma dell'app").

1615274114806.png

2. Only after this you can see:

1615274374038.png

3. Next Follow the instructions here to generate the upload key and certificate file for uploading back to google

When you have my-release-key.jks put the follow code in your new app
B4X:
#if AAB
    #SignKeyFile: F:\Basic\my-release-key.jks
    #SignKeyPassword: yourpasswordfilejks
    #SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA
#end if

4. Select Release obfuscated or Release and click on Project--> Build App Bundle

5. Select "CONTINUE" Button in Play Store

1615276405183.png

6. Upload your AAB ( you have in Object folder ) in Play Store

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
genial, gracias por compartir tu camino, luego de generar la clave, ¿cuáles deberían ser los siguientes pasos? por eso tenemos una guía de referencia "en italiano" Grazie....

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @MarcoRome

I no longer release apps on the Play Store, but it appears to me that 2 new videos would be a good idea here.
  1. Updating a current app on the Play store
  2. Releasing a new app on the Play store
Following all your posts with screenshots was eye opening to me.

Cheers...

Hi @Peter Simpson
Regarding the update of the app, it is not necessary to do anything, except to recompile.
Regarding the insertion of new Apps, the most "difficult" part is the one indicated by Erel in the following link.

The rest, as you can see, from the three screens
is very trivial

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
True @Marco, but one single post that covers everything including post #2 above (maybe in tutorials) would be hugely beneficial for developers to read rather than jumping back and forth through multiple posts, just one tutorial would do it.

If I still release apps on the Play Store, I would gladly release a tutorial, but I don't, so I can't.

Anyway your posts on this topic is invaluable for others to read, so nice one...

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
True @Marco, but one single post that covers everything including post #2 above (maybe in tutorials) would be hugely beneficial for developers to read rather than jumping back and forth through multiple posts, just one tutorial would do it.

If I still release apps on the Play Store, I would gladly release a tutorial, but I don't, so I can't.

Anyway your posts on this topic is invaluable for others to read, so nice one...
Right Peter, when i insert a new app, i'll try to make a movie too

Upvote 0

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User

this step, it only needs to be done once to generate a key to be used for all new apps?

Upvote 0