Android Question App not compatible with Tablet device

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I publish my App on Google Play and then use my tablet to view my app on the Play store I am not able to Install it.
I get "This App is not compatible with your device" instead.

I have edited my manifest to include (xlargescreens=true) item:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
android:xlargeScreens="true"
android:normalScreens="true"
android:smallScreens="true"
android:anyDensity="true"/>

But still no change.
If I install as developer directly onto the tablet the App seems to run perfectly fine.

Any ideas where to look next?

I am concerned that all tablets are gettings this error from Play Store.

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which permissions are added to your app (Logs tab - List permissions)?

To access the Phone contacts to read/write email addresses.
I added the following to the manifest.

AddPermission
("android.permission.READ_CONTACTS")

AddPermission
("android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS")

I saw the requirement for 7" 10" screenshots, but I'm not sure how these are determined by Play Store. For my app they all look identical to the phone screen shots. It's an App for the visually impaired. No point adding more detail to the screen. Larger is best for this type of user.

Erojam, I had a quick look at the link you provided. I still am not sure if compatibility is soley programmatic, like manifest declarations, or if tablet compatibility is subject to a human review by Android personnel?

Would appreciate any information to help my understanding with publishing.

Upvote 0

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw the requirement for 7" 10" screenshots, but I'm not sure how these are determined by Play Store. For my app they all look identical to the phone screen shots. It's an App for the visually impaired. No point adding more detail to the screen. Larger is best for this type of user.

Erojam, I had a quick look at the link you provided. I still am not sure if compatibility is soley programmatic, like manifest declarations, or if tablet compatibility is subject to a human review by Android personnel?

I think my post (the absence of the 7'' screenshots) is definitly not the reason for the problem. Like Erel pointed out, it must be something in your manifest file....it also can be, if you use copy protection?

Upvote 0

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have uploaded a screenshot of the complete permissions dialog.

Attachments

• permissions.jpg
    permissions.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
As there was no copy/paste option available from the Permissions dialog I have attached another screenshot, this time of the LIST PERMISSIONS dialog in B4A.
I also checked out the link and I can include the telephony.required=false option into the manifest as it details.
Haven't done this yet.

My App already runs fine if loaded on my 10" tablet using b4bridge. But Play Store says its not compatible. Is there any way to test an App compatibility for Tablets, without publishing it on the Play Store? I keep having to publish APK after APK just to test if Tablet compatible.

Attachments

• permissions2.jpg
    permissions2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. Thanks for that. I am slowly learning how it "all" goes together.
The most difficult thing is to work out how to ask the right question (for the Forum Search).

As refered by LucaMs (above) the link to the exact information required for Tablet compatability is at:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-play-designed-for-tablet-screens.33949/#content
Provided by Informatix

I also included the extra manifest entry detailed at:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ony-android-required-false.40608/#post-243083

I did the things detailed in these two links and my app is now recognised by Play Store as TABLET compatible.

Thanks to everyone who assisted.

Upvote 0