iOS Question Apple has new requirements for screenshots?

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

Does apple now require screenshots from the actual devices? I would normally resize to their specifications and that was fine. But now I'm being told the screenshots do not show as on actual device. Has anyone experienced this in recent times? Is there a virtual Device we can use to run our iOS Apps on Ipad Pro and iphone 6.5?

Thanks

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...shots-and-ipad-pro-is-require.104976/#content
or

iPhone XS Max simulator:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ui-cloud-update.103429/#post-659041

what I do: download a Smartphone pic without background and add my screenshot using gimp or photoshop

ref: Apps
Whatsapp
VK
Uber
2.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks I was gonna resort to that. But sad Apple now being soo picky. For super imposing Ipad you do something similar?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanx Erel.

I never had this issue before. They are even now saying not proper screenshot for iphone 6.5 inch. In fact they said not shown on proper device. What can I do? I use an iphone 6 to do my initial screenshots. Should I take the snapshot and remove the iphone 6 header and just show the App screen at the required resolution? Would that work

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use the UI Cloud to get a screenshot of the designer layout from iPhone XS Max. The size should be correct. Use it together with the real screenshot to create a 6.5 inch "screenshot".
ThNx again Erel!

I hope this doesnt sound silly but where do I access the UI cloud

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
The iPad Pro screenshot is not required.
If the app is designed to run on iPad, then iPad Pro screenshots are required. From App Store Connect help:

For iPad, screenshots for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) are required. These screenshots will scale down for smaller device sizes.

- Colin.

Upvote 0