Android Question Apply Blur effect to a panel

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't know if this is a possible thing.
I would like to put a Background image, and on the top of it a transparent panel, that has a blur effect on it, so everything behind it's blurred.

Something like this
blurex.jpg

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So You mean that you would like to Blur the entire App screen? Even the buttons, labels.....everything?
If instead you want to create a blurred background I think that the link I suggested can do the job.
Just make a sub to blur the image that you want and then apply the blurred image as panel background.
Please explain a bit more what you want to achieve.

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
So You mean that you would like to Blur the entire App screen? Even the buttons, labels.....everything?
potentally yes...
Image like a trasparent panel, that blur everything, if the panel is smaller than the activity it blur only the area behind it. Did you understand what i mean?

Edit:
Like Apple UI (i don't know if you see, but the rectangle of the calls blurs the background, and also its darker)
sds.jpg

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I understand a little better, but I don't know how to make a Dynamic Blur Panel to blur All the App maintaining the app functional.
If You want to blur only part of the background image then it should be possible.
Otherwise is possible to take a snapshot of the screen and then blur it totally or partially.....but of course then it would be just an image and not the functional app.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Blurring Panel when and how should be activated?
With specific size by code from time to time or something that you can move freely around the app that Blur in RealTime?
For this last option I think that it's not easy.............but someone better than me maybe will come up with the solution.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw your edit.
You want to blur the background of certain view, right?

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sorry but this go beyond my possibility.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Given that I'm not an expert at all...
one way that comes to mind is to get the panel image, "converting" the panel to a B4XView and using the Snapshot method; then apply the effect on this image.
Then create the second panel to overlay, as you thought, and as a bitmap put the image obtained previously.

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Given that I'm not an expert at all...
one way that comes to mind is to get the panel image, "converting" the panel to a B4XView and using the Snapshot method; then apply the effect on this image.
Then create the second panel to overlay, as you thought, and as a bitmap put the image obtained previously.
Ok thanks for the suggestion. But in the end it's a static thing right?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok thanks for the suggestion. But in the end it's a static thing right?
I see that gif not very well 👓😄:(, especially I don't see the blur effect.

You could set the transparency of the sliding panel so that it darkens what is underneath.

O ... (I repeat that I'm not an expert on graphic)
create a B4XBrush with the "blur effect" and draw on a B4XRect whose size you set when you slide the panel in foreground.

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that gif not very well
i had to compress it to upload...

You could set the transparency of the sliding panel so that it darkens what is underneath.
This is the plan B 😂, I was hoping I could do it with the blur too

create a B4XBrush with the blur effect and draw on a B4XRect whose size you set when you slide the panel in foreground.
I don't know this thing.. later i will take a look.

Thanks to everyone

Upvote 0