Android Tutorial B4A Book Now Covers Version 11.20

cover-295.jpg

I am happy to announce that both the paperback and electronic versions of the B4A tutorial and reference book “B4A Rapid Android App Development using BASIC” by Wyken Seagrave have now been updated to cover version 11.20 of B4A. It includes documentation of all the latest core B4X libraries.

The paperback is available from the Penny Press website at https://www.pennypress.co.uk/store-2/ and from all good bookshops. The ISBN is 9781512296259.

If you buy the paperback directly from Penny Press you will also receive a free electronic book, free shipping and free updates of future editions of the ebook.

Free Upgrade for Ebook

Customers who have bought the ebook or paperback with free ebook directly from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition by visiting the upgrade page (https://www.pennypress.co.uk/b4a/upgrade/)

Readers comments about this book:

"This was a book that I now use as a constant reference and have found it a mine of information."
"Brilliantly written and presented."
"Excellent book. Just what I was looking for."
"I will not now be able to think of developing an app without this book at my side."
“It is highly recommended.”

chikega

Licensed User
For those that are interested in translations, I have used Deepl to translate quite a few books from several languages such as Russian. For example, I translated the entire help file for the programming language PascalABC.Net and a book written in Greek for FreeBasic. It does a pretty good job of translating, maintaining hyperactive links and formatting code correctly .. although there is some minor formatting issues, like spacing, but none are 'show-stoppers'. For large amounts of text, Most translation services offer free translations with a limit, for larger translations, most if not all services are a paid service. I have found Deepl (paid service) to work well for my needs which is pay as you go.

Last edited:

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User

chikega

Licensed User
We also produce digital versions of the book. It is due for an update in the near future.
I have the digital version. It’s easier to search through using a PDF viewer vs thumbing through a physical book 📕 🤓👍 But I do like the tactility of a physical book.