Android Tutorial B4A Book Updated to Version 8.30

B4A-324x400.jpg

I am happy to announce that the B4A tutorial and reference book "Rapid Android App Development using BASIC" by Wyken Seagrave has now been updated to cover version 8.30 of B4A.
The table of contents and index can be found at http://pennypress.co.uk/index-of-b4a-book/

Free Upgrade for Ebook
Customers who have bought the ebook in PDF, EPUB and Kindle formats from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition for at least the first two years of ownership by visiting the upgrade page http://pennypress.co.uk/b4a/upgrade/. Upgrades after that might not work.

Free ebook and shipping with every paperback
The paperback version sold from the Penny Press store now includes free standard shipping and a free copy of the ebook in EPUB, PDF or Mobi for Kindle versions.

Hardback version available
A hardback version of the book is available (or soon will be) from all good bookshops. Please quote the ISBN 9781871281460.

Customers who purchased from Amazon in Kindle can update as described at http://pennypress.co.uk/automatic-kindle-update/.

Reviews on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars

By Sylvain Don 20 September 2017

Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase

Essential to start with VB4A. everything is reviewed in a clear manner with examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has been really helpful in understanding how to create Android apps using this great (fairly) new [platform].

By John on 20 December 2016 – Published on Amazon.com

Verified Purchase

I am a programmer, new to B4A. This book has been really helpful in understanding how to create Android apps using this great (fairly) new platform

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book. A lot of functionality is included 30 Mar. 2016

By David M. Acre – Published on Amazon.com

Good book. A lot of functionality is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars B4A is a Great product! This book is a GREAT Read! 13 April 2016

By Amazon Customer – Published on Amazon.com

Well written. Easy read! Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lo mejor de lo mejor 1 April 2016

By victor medrano pmb #36382 – Published on Amazon.com

Incredible

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars 7 Mar. 2016

By Kjell Hasthi – Published on Amazon.com

Well written

Available from USA Amazon, UK Amazon and all other Amazon stores.

Also available in Kindle, PDF and EPUB versions from Penny Press store.

Readers Comments About Earlier Editions

"This was a book that I now use as a constant reference and have found it a mine of information."

"Brilliantly written and presented."

"Excellent book. Just what I was looking for."

"I will not now be able to think of developing an app without this book at my side."

Last edited:

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it's truly a great book. I am re-reading it because I haven't worked with B4A for a long time and wanted to refresh my memory. Online tutorials and videos are nice, but I really like sitting in my sofa with a cup of tea, reading about B4A.