iOS Question B4A or B4J

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
To transfer an existing project to B4i, would it be easier to start from the B4A version or B4J version of an exiting project, they are the same apps except for the obvious differences between B4A and B4J

chowjt

Licensed User
Longtime User
What would be the best practice to transfer an existing B4A application to B4i? My company has a B4A project running for a year and everything is looking good. We are looking for the easiest way to adopt the same application into iOS. B4i is our preferred solution. Your suggestion will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My suggestions:
1) Study the differences between Android and iOS, program flow, views, layouts, user interface etc. to get familiar with B4i / iOS.
2) Define the program structure with the user interface with only the minimum code necessary.
3) When the structure is working you can copy almost all code not directly in relationship with the OS from B4A to B4i.

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to say. The modules in B4i are more similar to B4J modules. However the layout is more similar to B4A.
Thanks Erel, I'm currently doing my development in B4J then transferring to B4A so I'll try the same with B4i and see how it goes

Upvote 0