Other B4A UI Cloud is now online - The easy way to test your layout!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4android UI Cloud is a new service that will help you with testing your layouts on multiple devices.

Using the UI Cloud is very simple. From the designer you choose Tools - Send To UI Cloud (or press F6). The layout will be sent to a set of devices hosted by Anywhere Software. Once the process is complete, the browser will open with two screenshots taken from each device.

Pressing on any thumbnail image will show the full image.

SS-2012-11-01_11.59.55.png

The set of devices currently includes:
- Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy I9000
- Nexus 7
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Kindle Fire
- HTC One S
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Pocket

The variant used for each device (and orientation) is the same as the variant that will be chosen at runtime.

Last edited:

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
Until recently I have been able to connect to the UI Cloud with no problem. Now I am repeatedly getting a "communication timeout error" as seen from the screenshot below. The browser does not even open. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Comms Error.png
    Comms Error.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
A simple layout from the same project gives the same error, but with other projects all layouts run 100% correctly on the UI Cloud.

The project giving the error has 32 layouts and all use Designer Scripts to set the layout. Could this be the cause?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
A new empty layout in the project works 100% correctly! So also if I add a few views to it and save it - still works 100%. Seems the problem is not in the project, but with the layout file!!

Most of the layouts in this projects I have created by opening an existing one then using 'Save As' in order to maintain certain background colors etc.

Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your assistance, Erel!

I have attached two layout files that give the error (main & feedlot) and three that don't (assetlist, stockworklist, flockstockwork).

Initially it seemed it was whenever files had a different script for Landscape vs Portrait it would result in an error, but as 'flockstockwork' file shows this is not always the case.

Attachments

• main.bal
    8.4 KB · Views: 267
  • feedlot.bal
    22.3 KB · Views: 292
  • assetlist.bal
    4.9 KB · Views: 263
  • stockworklist.bal
    4.2 KB · Views: 266
  • flockstockwork.bal
    6.4 KB · Views: 243
  • bmanlogo2.jpg
    bmanlogo2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I try the 'main.bal' without the images it still gives the same error & the other problematic one (feedlot) doesn't have an image.
Do you get the error when running the 'main.bal' with the images?

Upvote 0

devlei

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am I understanding you correctly - is that the images that are part of the layout? If so, the image (there is only one), bmanlogo2.jpg, was uploaded. Will upload it again.

Attachments

• bmanlogo2.jpg
    bmanlogo2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I like very much the Designer script idea and the UI cloud testing-bed.
Since I just began using B4A, let's say the former is what I'm working on daily and the one leading to some results.
The latter is currently somewhat untested because I always receive an error:
An error occured.
Error sending layout: Communication error: ConnectFailure

I guess it has something to do with firewall rules, so please can you specify which port/address should I create a rule for?

TIA

Umberto

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I set up a firewall rule specific to Basic4android.exe where any protocol/any port is allowed. The only restriction is on the subnet which is currently limited to "local" but I could add an external address or two just to reach the UI cloud server(s).

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel.
I set up a new rule and it seems to work (the web browser opens up but nothing is showed due to a somewhat different problem).
In the browser url editbox I can read : http://79.181.98.67:25613/?method=file&file=5875780720285969604.html
If I'm right this should suggest that almost everything works as expected and the problem now is just something related to an overloaded server or an intervening timeout. Can you confim? Tia

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
SOLVED!
I was wrong...
I had to open port 25613 for the browser too.
Now it all works.

Upvote 0