Bug? B4A v5.0 - Can't connect with B4A-Bridge with Bluetooth

jkbassingit

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just upgraded to v5.0 today and I am unable to connect with B4A Bridge v2.09 to my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with Android 4.1.2. It only gets to the "Trying to connect..." on the bottom of the screen.

I was able to do this on the previous version of B4A.
I have Windows 7. I already tried reinstalling B4A.

I love the new look of v5 though.

Josef Graessle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have I understood it right, that B4A-Bridge Bluetooth is not supported in Version 5.02? I used this connection for debugging all the time. When will it be available again? The next time you should warn before I install the new release that some old features are not implemented already. After the installation of 5.02 and opening my old projects, I cannot go back to the old version with bluetooth bridge support. I get error messages, that a newer version is needed of B4A is needed.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The next time you should warn before I install the new release that some old features are not implemented already
Next time please release the release notes: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v5-00-has-been-released.54653/
It clearly says that B4A-Bridge over Bluetooth is not available.

Note that you can easily downgrade to v4.30. Just save the project once and the warning will disappear.

I do not know when and if B4A-Bridge over Bluetooth will be reimplemented. B4A-Bridge over wifi and USB debug mode are both better (quicker and more reliable) than the Bluetooth implementation.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…