Other B4A v6.50 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v6.50 BETA is now available for download.

FontAwesome and Material Icons fonts with more than 1500 icons are now integrated in the IDE:

SS-2016-11-30_17.17.30.png

upload_2016-11-30_17-20-14-png.50504

You can see more information here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-fontawesome-material-icons-fonts.72908/

- New auto format feature:

test-gif.50326

The formatting happens when you paste code (can be disabled) or when clicking on Alt + F. In the later case the enclosing sub will be formatted or the selected code if the selected text is not empty.

Other improvements:

• Block autocomplete improved. It better handles nested blocks and also completes #If and #Region keywords.
  • Manifest editor support for #Region blocks.
  • Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. A modified version of NotificationListener library is attached as an example.
  • View.Padding property. Sets the distances between the view's borders and the content. It can also be set in the designer.

SS-2016-12-01_12.49.37.png

• PhoneSensors.Accuracy and TimeStamp properties. Return the values of the current event.
  • OkHttp v1.02 - Fixes an issue where headers were not available when the response status code was not 2xx.
  • Application.Icon property - Returns the application icon as a bitmap.
  • Jumping to a bookmark moves the bookmark to the center of the editor.
  • Click and LongClick events are raised in a way that will not cause issues with Bluetooth keyboards.
  • B4ABuilder - The output parameter supports passing the full path instead of just the APK name.
    Note that you need to quote the parameter like this if there is space in the path:
    B4X:
    B4ABuilder -task=Build "-output=C:\APK Folder\MyApp.apk"
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

There were changes in the layout files format. Layouts saved in v6.50 cannot be loaded in previous versions of B4A.
Make sure to backup existing projects before loading them in the beta version.

Customers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.
Note that you can install multiple versions of B4A on the same computer in different folders.

Attachments

• NotificationListener_source.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,203
Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Jumping to a bookmark moves the bookmark to the center of the editor.

Would be very cool if bookmarks could be global for a project (cycle/jump between bookmarks even if in different modules of same project)

Upvote 0

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see it too. It is a bug in the beta version. It will happen with all projects that include widgets.

It is fixed for the next update.

Hi Erel,

Do you know about when the next update will be ready?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

JS Hart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I found an issue/bug with The 6.50 beta 1...

I've been working on a video reply app for the sport of fencing that uses two library submissions: AVC (android video capture) for recording and the wrapped video player "Vitamio 5" for playback. (my thanks to the contributors...)

The issue is that when compiled using B4A 6.50, while playing a video clip, the click event for buttons is not raised till after the video has finished. When compiled under B4A 6.30, the click events are raised immediately, allowing me to reposition/seek the video while it plays using "Next" and "Prev" buttons as desired.

Some facet of the beta seems to interfere with the raising of the click events.

Upvote 0

beaker

Licensed User
I'm having what seems to be a similar issue with my app when compiled with B4A 6.50 beta. I'm using a CustomListView inside a CustomDialog and when I tap any of the items in the CLV the CLV_ItemClick event should fire. In 6.31 this event is fired immediately but when compiled with 6.50 beta it doesn't fire until the dialog is closed.

Upvote 0

Levit

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a class with 15 Buttons and a label, It's a decimal keyboard. In B4A 6.50 beta the routine that handle buttons click is not fired.
I can hear the sound of buttons click, but a breakpoint in the begining of that routine showed that it is not executed

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know about when the next update will be ready?
On Sunday probably.

@JS Hart, @beaker, @Levit please start new threads for these issues. If possible upload the projects that demonstrate these issues. They might be related to the internal change in the Click event implementation.

Upvote 0

beaker

Licensed User
On Sunday probably.

@JS Hart, @beaker, @Levit please start new threads for these issues. If possible upload the projects that demonstrate these issues. They might be related to the internal change in the Click event implementation.
Thanks Erel. I wasn't sure whether this was the right place for it. I don't really want to upload the whole project so I'll try to put something together later today that demonstrates the issue and post it in the bugs section.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Kesternich

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried FontAwesome and Material Icons with Emulator. In Debugging Mode all was OK, but in Release Mode I always get following error messages:

** Service (starter) Create **
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.DynamicBuilder.build(DynamicBuilder.java:21)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHelper(LayoutBuilder.java:345)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHelper(LayoutBuilder.java:425)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:144)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ActivityWrapper.LoadLayout(ActivityWrapper.java:209)
at b4a.example.main._activity_create(main.java:340)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:169)
at b4a.example.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
at b4a.example.main.access$000(main.java:17)
at b4a.example.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4998)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:777)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:593)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: native typeface cannot be made
at android.graphics.Typeface.<init>(Typeface.java:175)
at android.graphics.Typeface.createFromAsset(Typeface.java:149)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.TextViewWrapper.build(TextViewWrapper.java:153)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ButtonWrapper.build(ButtonWrapper.java:98)
... 23 more
main_activity_create (java line: 340)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Object should first be initialized (Button).
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:166)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ActivityWrapper.LoadLayout(ActivityWrapper.java:209)
at b4a.example.main._activity_create(main.java:340)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:169)
at b4a.example.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
at b4a.example.main.access$000(main.java:17)
at b4a.example.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4998)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:777)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:593)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Object should first be initialized (Button).
at anywheresoftware.b4a.AbsObjectWrapper.getObject(AbsObjectWrapper.java:50)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ViewWrapper.innerInitialize(ViewWrapper.java:71)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ButtonWrapper.innerInitialize(ButtonWrapper.java:39)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHelper(LayoutBuilder.java:406)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHelper(LayoutBuilder.java:425)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:144)
... 17 more

The Button was added using the Designer

Best regards
Heinz

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Update
I wish to take in your account @Erel this problem: "webview white screen issue:- after loadhtml webview still white! sometime if you touch and move your finger on webview content appear" , please solve it.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish to take in your account @Erel this problem: "webview white screen issue:- after loadhtml webview still white! sometime if you touch and move your finger on webview content appear" , please solve it.
Doesn't sound like it is related to this update. Anyway, please start a new thread and upload a project that demonstrates this issue.

@Kesternich please start a new thread for this in the questions forum.

Upvote 0

GPJMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Brilliant Erel.
Every update makes it easier to use.
Just in time for Xmas as well. One more toy for my stocking!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
V6.50 beta #2 is available for download from the same link as the previous version.
This updated fixes several issues.

There were two reports about layouts failing to load when FontAwesome or Material Icons are used. I wasn't able to reproduce these issues.

Please try the attached project and see whether you get any error.

You should see:

upload_2016-12-4_17-28-42.png

There will be a 'create typeface' message in the logs. Ignore it.

Attachments

• 1.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.