Other B4A v6.50 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v6.50 BETA is now available for download.

FontAwesome and Material Icons fonts with more than 1500 icons are now integrated in the IDE:

SS-2016-11-30_17.17.30.png

upload_2016-11-30_17-20-14-png.50504

You can see more information here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-fontawesome-material-icons-fonts.72908/

- New auto format feature:

test-gif.50326

The formatting happens when you paste code (can be disabled) or when clicking on Alt + F. In the later case the enclosing sub will be formatted or the selected code if the selected text is not empty.

Other improvements:

• Block autocomplete improved. It better handles nested blocks and also completes #If and #Region keywords.
  • Manifest editor support for #Region blocks.
  • Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. A modified version of NotificationListener library is attached as an example.
  • View.Padding property. Sets the distances between the view's borders and the content. It can also be set in the designer.

SS-2016-12-01_12.49.37.png

• PhoneSensors.Accuracy and TimeStamp properties. Return the values of the current event.
  • OkHttp v1.02 - Fixes an issue where headers were not available when the response status code was not 2xx.
  • Application.Icon property - Returns the application icon as a bitmap.
  • Jumping to a bookmark moves the bookmark to the center of the editor.
  • Click and LongClick events are raised in a way that will not cause issues with Bluetooth keyboards.
  • B4ABuilder - The output parameter supports passing the full path instead of just the APK name.
    Note that you need to quote the parameter like this if there is space in the path:
    B4X:
    B4ABuilder -task=Build "-output=C:\APK Folder\MyApp.apk"
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

There were changes in the layout files format. Layouts saved in v6.50 cannot be loaded in previous versions of B4A.
Make sure to backup existing projects before loading them in the beta version.

Customers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.
Note that you can install multiple versions of B4A on the same computer in different folders.

Attachments

• NotificationListener_source.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,193
Last edited:

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Everything OK on two devices:
- Nexus 5, Android 7.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1)
- Samsung Tab 3, Android 4.4.2

Upvote 0

masterlaf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Muchas Gracias Erel por tus innovaciones , que hacen de esta herramienta la mejor para el desarrollo de Aplicaciones Android

Atte-

Lito Aguayo

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Muchas Gracias Erel por tus innovaciones , que hacen de esta
All you are doing when you write in other than English here is waste people's time that do not speak the language and are looking for an answer. I see this all too often in this forum. I just had to open my mouth, although Erel makes the calls. Maybe, I and others should start showing off our skills in the other languages we speak too. I do not think you will like that.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All you are doing when you write in other than English here is waste people's time that do not speak the language and are looking for an answer. I see this all too often in this forum. I just had to open my mouth, although Erel makes the calls. Maybe, I and others should start showing off our skills in the other languages we speak too. I do not think you will like that.

Although I can understand your frustration, I cannot agree with it for two reasons...
1- This is an announcement thread that will only exist in this sub-forum, and makes no sense having one in each non-english language sub-forum.
2- Being this announcement thread, one can extrapolate that 95% of the "replies" are inline with :
"You're the greatest EREL" or "B4X Rocks" etc!

The Bug reports should NEVER even be post here, as EREL often asks us to create a new thread for them, so that he can keep track and address them properly...
As I said, I can understand your frustration, but then again I also get frustrated with all the "I didn't read the f*cking manual, how do I do this or that?"
He just expressed his gratitude for the great suite that B4X is, as 95% of the replies here did

Upvote 0

Massimiliano

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel

Hello Erel, I've downloaded the beta, and it seems to be a beta #3.
My apk works fine with this version.
Do you think #3 it's almost ready for going on production (google play store) or it's better to wait for the final release?
You said (There is currently one issue that I want to make sure is solved before the release.). This involves only the UI or the v6.50 engine?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mr. Erel, When the final version will be released

Upvote 0

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very very nice. finally good icons.
@Erel , Do you plan to add a search field to the icons?
for example, search wifi icon, search search icon etc, search youtube icon.... put a word of icon and show the line where this is.

It is difficult to search for icons with many on the screen

thx again.
Nice ideia about the icons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.