Other B4i v3.00 BETA has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4i v3.00 BETA is now available for download.

This update includes many IDE improvements as well as other improvements related to iOS 10 and Xcode 8.

• The docking and layout features are based on a new and improved framework. Floating code editors behave as regular windows.
  • Documentation tool tips while hovering over code elements:

test.gif

• Copy links in the tool tips that allow copying code examples.
  • Support for bookmarks:

SS-2016-08-03_10.04.28.png

• New themes.
  • Builder support for Mac Sierra (fix for keychain dialogs).
  • URLs in comments and strings are ctrl-clickable.
  • Unused libraries warning.
  • Custom views support "nullable colors". The default value of such fields looks like:

SS-2016-09-18_16.24.57.png

• #Entitlement attribute. Adds a declaration to the entitlement file. This is a new requirement. For example if your app supports push notifications then you need to add this line (assuming that you are using the distribution key, which you should):
    B4X:
    #Entitlement: <key>aps-environment</key><string>production</string>
    Push notifications will not work on iOS 10 without this declaration.
  • #AdditionalLib - Similar to B4A #AdditionalJar attribute. Adds a reference to an external library. Note that third party libraries should be in the builder Libs folder.
  • iAdMob - Support for mediation and rewarded video ads.
    Mediation: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/admob-ads-mediation-with-inmobi.71837/
    Rewarded video ads: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/admob-rewarded-video-ads.71839/

• Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Last edited:

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many of the frameworks are already available on the hosted builders. If you are missing any framework then make a post or send an email to [email protected].

I mean if for exemple I want to add a 3rd party lib and use it with inline OBJC how can I achieve this. cAn I put the lib in Files/Special folder and it will be uploaded to the builder with the rest of files?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
cAn I put the lib in Files/Special folder and it will be uploaded to the builder with the rest of files?
No. If you are using a local Mac then you need to copy it to the Mac Libs folder. If you are using the hosted builder then send us an email with the zip file or a link to the framework and we will upload it.

Upvote 0

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can the 3rd party lib be written in oblective c or swift and i can use them in my project?
I think that is one of the wishes on the B4i 'wish list' but I have now come to think that there isn't that much of a benefit in going with Swift as Obj C is good enough and one can be quite productive in it in a reasonably short period of time.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However you can use NativeObject or inline OBJC to access unwrapped objective C libraries.

how? if i put the library to the library folder it will not show up in the library list, correct?
how can i include a 3rd party objective c library in my project and use OBJC inline code to use that library?

thanks, ilan

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that is one of the wishes on the B4i 'wish list' but I have now come to think that there isn't that much of a benefit in going with Swift as Obj C is good enough and one can be quite productive in it in a reasonably short period of time.
As someone who started developing iOS apps in Objective-C & now using Swift (3.0) - in both cases "teaching myself" - I think Swift is much quicker & easier to develop in. Swift is definitely less complex syntactically than Obj-C & the way it handles things like initialization, strings & type casting is much easier to deal with.

I've written 4 iOS apps in Obj-C, 2 in Swift (2.0) & am currently developing my latest app in Swift 3.0. Except for updates to existing Obj-C apps, I won't be using Obj-C again.

Of course, if you're developing iOS apps with B4i, the above comments are probably not relevant - unless you want to write wrappers for unsupported iOS frameworks.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded using the same link but got v3.00

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you checking the version printed in the builder output?

The IDE version is still 3.00.

My mistake sorry, (blame the excitement). It is working properly now, no requester.

Upvote 0