Other B4i v6.50 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4i v6.50.
This update includes several changes that are needed to meet Apple, soon to be forced, requirements as well as IDE improvements:

• Internal WebView is now based on WKWebView. There is also a new EvaluateJavaScript method.
  • Launch images were removed and replaced with a launch story board. In most cases you can keep the default white one as apps start very quickly anyway.
    With this change the apps will run with the full resolution on all devices.
  • HttpJob.ErrorMessage returns the server response when there are errors and the response is still available.
  • IDE shows messages about available updates:

B4i_4micCFqKIe.png

• All the IDE windows preserve their layout.
  • Search results font can be changed in the font picker dialog.
  • Support for Swift frameworks with Xcode 11: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/swift-libraries.75691/#content
  • Other minor IDE improvements and bug fixes.
Note that there might be subtle behavior differences between UIWebView and WKWebView. Apple will soon reject apps based on UIWebView so the change is mandatory.

Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with update instructions.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the discount.

Are there any plans to display some licensing info in the B4i info bar where the release updates will be displayed?

Now I always need to search for the invoices to see how many years of remote builder that I still have
when I want to extend my product license.

Something like

Free updates till 03-12-2020 / Remote builder till 03-12-2021

We have to enter our licensing email when adding the license file so there's a link for the regular license.
The remote builder users can be identified aswell based on that builder user or the licensing email.

Edit: I can't enter my VAT number on the order form anymore? (it was on the next page)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

German Buchmuller

Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Launch images were removed and replaced with a launch story board. In most cases you can keep the default white one as apps start very quickly anyway.
    With this change the apps will run with the full resolution on all devices.
How can I change the launch image (story board) now?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any plans to display some licensing info in the B4i info bar where the release updates will be displayed?
This is not really related to this thread. You should post it in the wishlist forum.

How can I change the launch image (story board) now?
The default launch screen file is named LaunchScreen.storyboard and is inside the installation folder. You can copy it to <project>\Files\Special and modify it. It is an XML file. Changing the color is simple. Making more complex changes will require more knowledge.

Upvote 0

Mark A. Furiate

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a paid up B4i license holder. I received an email indicating that 6.5 was ready for download but I have not received the download link(s). Please help. Thank you.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a paid up B4i license holder. I received an email indicating that 6.5 was ready for download but I have not received the download link(s). Please help. Thank you.

If your license is still valid (not expired) then write to [email protected]

Upvote 0

dagofo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Developers who are no longer eligible for free upgrades will receive a discount offer.
Hello. I'm user since 2011 and my las renew was in december 2017 and I don't recieve email with renew opction.

I wan't to renew my subscription!!! Regards

Upvote 0

lkching7

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Erel. I Like To Upgrade The B4i. Any One I can Contact ? Because I Try Purchase Through The B4X Store. Fail to Using Credit Card and Paypal. I Am Sure The Credit Card and Paypal Account is Working.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Erel. I Like To Upgrade The B4i. Any One I can Contact ? Because I Try Purchase Through The B4X Store. Fail to Using Credit Card and Paypal. I Am Sure The Credit Card and Paypal Account is Working.

Send mail to [email protected]

Upvote 0