Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Improvements:

• Auto bookmarks feature:

B4J_AUq1iGgJ6q.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png

• Issue with BaseFolder in command line builder fixed.
  • Latest versions of internal libraries are included.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

The full version can be downloaded here: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

*** Contributions for B4J development ***

B4J is being actively developed for 6 years now. It is 100% free and it will remain free.
Developers who want to show their support for B4J can now do so: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

Thank you :)

Edit: v7.51 was released. It fixes several issues related to the search feature.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Klaus, you're right.

When the window is not in maximize mode and I enter something in the search field and then I keep pressing that text even without moving I can see an error message flashing but it goes away right away.

Then the docking of the log didn't work and things frooze untill I pressed ESCape then things behaved normal again.

Pressing escape seems to be the key to get out of it. (tested it a few times)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've uploaded a beta version of v7.51: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

The difference in this update is that the ability to drag the window directly from the title bar elements is disabled. I expect it to fix the issue several developers encountered. Developers who encountered an issue related to the search field should try it and report their results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here it behaves normal aswell. on the highlighted search text when you now drag away you get the placement icon to drop the string somewhere else.

that flashing error box doesn't appear either.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I now have difficulties to reach the selected search result line.

sometimes I need to doubleclick a line 5+ times before it goes to that specific line.

single click doesn't work.

I notice that when it finally worked that the search panel got highlighted for a moment (purple) which is not the case on the other clicks.

not really a blocking issue but I just mention it.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Double click on a line in the Quick Search pane always works, but a single click only works every other time. It looks like it is waiting for a double click without any time out after the first click.

I've never noticed the lack before, as I don't often use search but instead use the double-click highlighting in the scroll bar to locate items, but a line number in each result line would be useful.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Works fine again, thanks!

a mini cosmetic thingy... when you double click the search entry starting with a dot it doesn't highlight the first character (dot)

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here you go

search.gif

but as I wrote it's just a cosmetic thing. it's not a blocking factor so it can be put at the end of the to-do list.

Upvote 0