Other B4J v8.90 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download link: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

This update adds support for the new online libraries index: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-libraries-index.127418

1612773499294-png.107601

1. Latest version of each library is displayed in the libraries tab. Clicking on the version will take you to the library thread.
  2. Find all references feature was rewritten. Previously it couldn't handle more complex cases, where a sub or field are called indirectly.
  3. The various IDE notifications also appear in the logs.
  4. #CustomBuildAction - direct support for jar files, including Java 11+ UI jars.
  5. New %PROJECT_NAME% file variable for comment links and custom build actions.
  6. Updated internal libraries: jXUI, B4XPages, jOkHttpUtils2 and XUI Views.
  7. Bug fixes including a fix to a debug issue where process global variables in code modules, packed as b4xlibs, weren't initialized properly.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
would it make sense to display the online version in bold if the local version is lower? that would save me a lot of eye-wiping from left to right.
Or just in another color, like red if there's a newer version available on the forum. Basically both column colors the same, but red text for the newer version.
Why not...
B4X:
Dim lblOnlineVer As B4XView

lblOnlineVer.SetColorAnimated
lblOnlineVer.SetTextSizeAnimated
lblOnlineVer.SetVisibleAnimated

😂

It can be a "nice" (?) idea to create a "custom B4XView with alert" (usually a Label, of course)
myView.AlertMsg = "Update me!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

skyracer90

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Community, Hello Erel, Thanks for the update, great work as always.
I have a wish or suggestion. It would be nice if you could jump to a certain line in the current code via CTRL + G and input, e.g. in Notepad ++. The reason is, when I get a "Dim" view in the Designer and come back to the editor, it is in the place of "Dim, Private, Public ...". If my suggestion is misplaced here, please let me know ...

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure if you installed the new version correctly or if you call an old version.
I Get this !!!

1613067868870.png

I install each new version in a new folder, well, that's my habit.
With this, I have every time a new clean installation and can go back if needed.

Upvote 0