Android Tutorial [B4X] Documentation Booklets

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to show I'm paying attention, I have to say I've always been impressed with Klaus' documentation.
There are two points I should highlight:
1. It would be good if many examples were brought up to date or an example of how it would be written in B4X/pages. This, of course, is a rediculous expectation. It is just a dream.

2. The docs would work a lot better if I remembered to refer to them. This would save me a lot of time.

Roger

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User

johnmie

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, but what kind of information would you like to be added there ?
Generic terms & concepts (file handling, saving files etc.) and cross references - even better a list for beginners like me eg. saving a file see file.write etc.

johnmie

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, but what kind of information would you like to be added there ?
Concepts. By that I mean e.g. context menu or various type of dialogs like B4Xdialog, Preferences Dialog etc. True you find lots of mentions and some code snippets in the forum, but neophytes like me would typically first search through your booklets to find step-by-step instructions or complete examples.

johnsmith92

Hi Klaus,

Thank you so much for sharing the booklet in PDF format. It helps me a lot.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 2.3 of the booklets is now online. Thank you Klaus!

Note that the online guides links have changed as the previous service that was used is no longer available. The good news is that the links now work properly in the online version.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel was faster than I.
I was about to mail him because of the links to the online booklets.
Whats new in edition 2.3:
- Added a specific chapter in the B4X VisualDesigner booklet: 3.17 Designer Script Extension / DesignerUtils Class
- Most of the projects have been converted into B4XPages projects.
- The links in the first page, for the online booklets, have been updated.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, with the new online booklets it seems that it is no more possible to define a link for a specific page like before.
I had added quite some links in the booklets referring to a specific page in a given booklet.
Old method:
https://www.b4x.com/guides/BookletName/?page=xx
New method ?
I think that edition 2.4 will be needed soon, because of the change of the links.

PS: Could you please change the name of the B4X Basic Language booklet into B4X Language in the Documentation pages.
This name change was the problem with the link reported by jerry07.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…