Android Tutorial [B4X] Documentation Booklets

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Even off-topic, I understand what you are saying about the xChart library, the same for the xGraph library.
If there is an interest, I could provide more detailed explanations.
But how deep to go into it for how many users ?

Anyway, when I try to make charts in Excel it is also not that evident, at least for me. Well, yes, this is not an excuse!

christianjeannot

Licensed User
@klaus

There is a unlucky typo in B4XGettingStartedV2_1.pdf, Page 114 chapter 5.12.1.2
Note: File.Exists does not work with Dile.DirAssets !!!
It should be File.DirAssets.

As I have an actual issue in a test app exactly with this typo it hit me in my beginner face :cool:
When I search for File.DirAssets in my PDF reader I can not find this information.

Jose Fiorese

Hello guys, I'm compiling a book about B4X for Portuguese and Spanish language. My chinese is not good, but I can try to translate it into Chinese too (@K_Kai).
When i´ve more news, let you knows.
I wnat to send to Erel and Klaus first to be approved.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
For me no problem, you can use all the content of the booklets and the source code.
You may also have a look at THIS answer.
The Word files of the booklets can be found here: https://github.com/AnywhereSoftware/B4X_Documentation
I just checked them, they are edition 1.9, the latest edition is 2.1.
Maybe Erel could update the them.

User @Genival Carvalho intended to translate the booklets to Portuguese (Brazil) language, I do not know if he did it.

Sabotto

Licensed User
I report this small bug in the file "B4XVisualDesignerV2_1.pdf" inside the B4A Booklets (guide) On page 16, the link to go to the "Designer Scripts" page leads to page 67 (Anchors) instead of page 80 (Designer Scripts). It is not important, but maybe in the next update it can be corrected. It is only an indication

Sabotto

Licensed User
Thank you for reporting this.
Amended for the next edition.
Also on p. 36 the text "Guide \ SourceCode \ TestLayoutsAnchors directory" must be replaced with "GettingStarted \ SourceCode \ TestLayoutsAnchors directory"