B4J Tutorial [BANanoVuetifyAD3] Create Professional Looking Vuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano

Ola

Download Additional Libraries
Download BANanoVuetifyAD3Core Library OR Download BANanoVuetifyAD3 Library
Download Kitchen Sink WebApp (Optional - useful for Learning how this works)
Download BVAD3Builder (Optional - useful to trim your final package)

Full Install Instructions on Github

What's New

To use this free and open source B4J library, you need BANano.

IMPORTANT: BANano License

Join Us

Telegram: https://t.me/bananovuematerial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mashymbanga
Discord: https://discord.gg/ys8stGgWCU
YouTube: Mashy Teaches Video Series
B4x Blog: Mashy Teaches BVAD3 - New Series
Full Demo: New Awesome Kitchen Sink

Notable Forum Members Contributions

@Erel : Obviously
@alwaysbusy : valuable advice etc, BANano (incl. adjustments that support BVAD3)
@LJG : BANanoServer jRDC2, best overall bug finder
@aeric: Recommendations & Enhancements etc
@Star-Dust : Small solutions to development hitches etc
More...

What's Next?

You will find the most up to date content from this post onwards

Testing DataBase Connectivity (PHP)

The kitchen sink now has connectity testing for the various backends. To ensure that your app will work, you can check if your back-end is accessible.

MySQL
SQLite
MSSQL

WebServers You Can Use

Laragon - publish to c:\laragon\www

USBWebServer
IIS - Publish to C:\inetpub\wwwroot
XAMPP - change your publish folder to use // instead of \

You can find more information here related to IDE Setup

Enjoy

PS: Log Warnings & Compilation Errors

1. Please check the pre-run logs. In most cases modules with warnings will have an underline. Warning, 9, 10, 11, 12 are normal, don't be scared.

1625825241311.png

2. manifext.txt file not found - Download the library source code and RUN to recompile on your PC. "Do not Compile to Library"
3. Do a HARD REFRESH of your browser.[/B]

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 7.34 Maintenance Update now Available

Hi there

The maintenance update of BVAD3 is now available. You can download the source code here. You need to RUN this to generate a B4XLib.
This includes an updated Kitchen Sink WebApp and an updated Builder.

Please note:

The VFlexDialog has 5 examples added to the Kitchen Sink just under the What's New section. Please note the updates based on source code in the 5th example.
The Builder has been updated to include the latest version of BVAD3.
The library includes the BANanoKeyStore

The Kitchen Sink is running on netlify also: https://bananovuetifyad3.netlify.app/

Please note PHP related functionality will not work both on GitHub & Netlify.

Happy BVAD3 coding!

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

cd1001

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mashiane,

thank you very much for your effort to conquer new frontiers in using b4x. But I have a big wish: You should emphasize, that this project is in a higly experimental stage with a lot of moving parts - although a very clever one. Everybody should be aware of, that he shouldn't use it for production for client-projects for now. Otherwise it could be a call for beef. That said, I wish you could keep it coming. This is very good stuff! Best Carsten.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mashiane,

thank you very much for your effort to conquer new frontiers in using b4x. But I have a big wish: You should emphasize, that this project is in a higly experimental stage with a lot of moving parts - although a very clever one. Everybody should be aware of, that he shouldn't use it for production for client-projects for now. Otherwise it could be a call for beef. That said, I wish you could keep it coming. This is very good stuff! Best Carsten.
Thank you, I have noted your comments, with due respect, do you mind me asking? Is there something that you were trying to achieve using it and were not able to?

If so, do you mind sharing so that I can help or clarify?

Your input could help us be make things better where you feel like we are coming short.

🙏

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 7.35 Maintenance is available.

For Newbies, download all Additional Libraries (Extract in your Additional Libraries Folder) / Follow instructions to install from Github.

BVAD3

The BVAD3 library has been split between Full and Core

Full
- this can be locally hosted or CDN. This version includes all plugins.
Core - this can be locally hosted or via CDN. This version excludes all plugins.

CDN version will require a constant internet connection to work whilst others don't.

Existing users, download

Full BVAD3 or Full BVAD3 CDN OR
Full BVAD3 Core or Full BVAD3 Core CDN

BVAD3 Builder

This web app helps you tree-shake you app by only extracting only the used classes, css & js files used on your final package. Use this tool just when you are fished coding and are to publish your final version of the app.

As this needs PHP to work properly, you will have to run it on you dev webserver. Get this here.

BVAD3 VFlexDialog Builder

This web app helps you generate the source code for your VFlexDialogs. Examples of how a functional VFlexDialog already exists in the Kitchen Sink WebApp.

You can run this directly from Netlify. The repo for the running source code is available from Github

PS: The Kitchen Sink WebApp showcases all the working examples of this library. Whilst its better to host and run this locally, you can explore it from Netlify.

Happy BVAD3 Coding.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User