Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This version includes the following improvements:
  • For Each blocks
  • Declaration and assignment in the same statement - Two new language features in the next version
  • B4A-Bridge - many stability improvements related to both Bluetooth mode and wireless mode
  • B4A-Bridge supports logging on all devices including Android 4.1+. Requires B4A-Bridge 2.07
  • Menu items will now appear in the action bar on Android 3.0+ devices
  • Default target level set to 14
  • WYSIWYG designer uses device default theme. Supports changing themes: New feature: better support for modern Android themes
  • Designer includes a new color value: DEFAULT. The meaning of this value is that the theme default color will be used.
  • Designer script new keywords make it easier to build user interfaces that scale correctly on all phones and tablets: Min, Max, AutoScale, AutoScaleAll and AutoScaleRate: New feature: AutoScale and other new designer script keywords
  • Optimized designer layout files - loading time is 3 - 4 times faster
  • MediaPlayer can play files from File.DirInternal
  • Map.Keys / Values - allows iterating over map entries with For Each
  • Panel / Activity.RemoveAllViews
  • LayoutValues.ApproximateScreenSize - returns the approximate device physical screen size
  • Sign key alias key can be changed (requires editing the settings file)
  • Activity/Panel.LoadLayout can now be used from classes
  • Camera_Preview event

Update: V2.22 is now available.
You can download this version from the same link as the previous version.

This version fixes several bugs including the InputType property not being updated by the designer.
Other changes:
  • Variant chooser method improved: variants orientation is better handled (landscape phone variants will be chosen on landscape tablets as well)
  • Activity.AddMenuItem / AddMenuItem2 on Android 3+ will add the menu items to the overflow menu
  • Activity.AddMenuItem3 allows you to choose whether to add the menu items to the action bar (if there is enough room)

Notes
  • Layout files saved in version 2.20+ cannot be loaded on older versions of the IDE
  • Libraries in the internal libraries folder have first priority (changed from previous versions)
  • B4A.xml file was updated. If you are using a custom color scheme then you can copy the relevant section to the new file.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Clarification about the new menu / action bar related feature.

This change only affects applications that explicitly add android:targetSdkVersion="11" (or above) to the manifest editor. When the manifest includes this attribute, the application will use the new Android 3.0+ design on Android 3.0+ devices (it will look like any other application on older devices). This change causes the menu button to disappear. This means that the menu feature cannot be used in that case.

Starting from B4A v2.20 the menu items will appear in the action bar or the overflow menu at the top.
I highly recommend you to read this blog to better understand the design change:
Android Developers Blog: Say Goodbye to the Menu Button

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't received my email yet.

regards, Ricky

Upvote 0

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks

Can't wait to incorporate all the new stuff - thanks again for a great product and great support

Upvote 0

Ratters

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Version V2.20

Thanks to all at basic4android...

looking forward to trying this out (all installed - no problems)

Robbie

Upvote 0

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel:
Once again an update without any issues.
Download, install, run project --> everything works fine.
This is stunning and amazing.
I had some totally different experiences with Visual Basic updates.
Thank you so much for your work - and a big thank you to the beta testers, by the way.

Upvote 0

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update 2.2

Dear Erel,
Thank you for another upgrade with great features. I have started the program development on Android OS, thanks to you!
The BEST thing is that it is fun programming with B4A !
Keep up the B4A evolution!!!
rbghongade

Upvote 0

Kiffi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

thanks a lot!
banana.gif_480_480_0_fsukz.gif

Greetings ... Kiffi

Upvote 0

jcesar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Should i uninstall the older version ? Or both version can run in the same machine ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.